9 months ago
Performance Engineer - Acoustics and Vibration-TPRS-CASB01703614
PERFORMANCE ENGINEER – ACOUSTICS & VIBRATION
REQUISITION NUMBER: TPRS-CASB01703614
About Bombardier Transportation
Bombardier Transportation is a global leader in rail technology and offers the broadest portfolio in the industry. It covers the full spectrum of rail solutions, ranging from trains to sub-systems and signalling. The company also provides complete transport systems, e-mobility technology and maintenance services. As an innovation driver, Bombardier Transportation continuously breaks new ground in sustainable mobility. It provides integrated solutions that create substantial benefits for operators, passengers and the environment. Headquartered in Berlin, Germany, Bombardier Transportation employs around 39,850 people and its products and services operate in over 60 countries.
Based in St. Bruno, Quebec, you will have the opportunity and satisfaction to be involved in large-scale projects starting from the conceptual, preliminary or detail design phase through manufacturing and testing.
You will coordinate the Acoustics and Vibration Activities within bids and projects. You will be technically responsible for the compliance to Customer’s noise requirements. Your role will be to define noise allocations to sub-system suppliers, review and propose acoustic design concepts, predict vehicle noise performance, identify mitigation measures and conduct vehicle noise measurements. You will collaborate with system and design engineers to ensure that noise allocations are achieved. You will also be involved with the design team to evaluate and optimize design concepts with respect to noise performance.
In your role you will:
- Define noise allocations for sub-system suppliers. Gather, analyze, compare and document relevant noise data for a railway rolling stock bid or project. Using the Bombardier BRAINS application, integrate all noise data to predict noise performance at vehicle level. Create and present noise prediction summary reports to project engineering managers;
- Conduct design reviews to validate and optimize noise performance of concepts in collaboration with design engineers. Identify noise risks and opportunities. Take charge of defining corrective actions that may be necessary to improve a noise problem. Assess noise reduction solutions in relation to aspects of cost and performance;
- Prepare test procedures, conduct testing and write test reports at vehicle level to demonstrate compliance with Customer’s noise requirements. As required by design, conduct mock-up testing to improve noise performance of components;
- Prepare acoustics concept description; prepare documents for bid and specification for vehicle concept development. Prepare Bid Risk Assessment Reports;
- Follow up American and international railway norms and standards related to acoustics. Support the CoC Acoustics activities as it may be required.
As our ideal candidate:
- You hold a master’s degree in Mechanical or Physics Engineering or any other relevant discipline;
- You have minimum five (5) years of experience;
- You are member of the Ordre des ingénieurs du Québec;
- You own experience in mechanical engineering of railway vehicles or automotive, preferably in the field of acoustics, vibrations, dynamics;
- You own good knowledge of the passenger rolling stock market (Standards, test equipment, etc.);
- You have knowledge of test instrumentation related to acoustics and vibration is desirable;
- You have excellent management, coaching and problem-solving skills;
- Your English and French communications skills are excellent both written and spoken.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: CA-QC-St. Bruno
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 24.04.2019, 8:32:56 AM
08.05.2019, 11:59:00 PM