4 months ago
PEO IWS 8.0 Ship Integration and Test (SI&T) Post-Delivery Combat Systems Engineer
Req #: 220176
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Engineering
Security Clearance: Secret
Clearance Status: Must be Obtainable
CACI is seeking an PEO IWS 8.0 Ship Integration and Test (SI&T) Post-Delivery Combat Systems Engineer. This position is located at the Washington Navy Yard. in Washington, D.C. The Combat Systems Engineer will provide Production and Post Delivery direct support to the IWS 8.0 SI&T Principal Assistant to Program Manager (PAPM). The Combat Systems Engineer will lead SI&T Post-Delivery technical meetings across various government agencies and stakeholders activities to include: IWS 8.0, PMS 505, PMS 501, NSWC field activities; CNSP, Tech Warrant Holders (TWHs), and In-Service Engineering Agents (ISEAs). If this is representative of you, CACI wants to speak with you! Apply today and be an integral part of a great team in support of this mission!
What You’ll Get to Do:
The Combat Systems Engineer Roles and Responsibilities include:
* Provide Production and Post Delivery direct support to the IWS 8.0 SI&T Principal Assistant to Program Manager (PAPM).
* Lead SI&T Production and Post Delivery technical meetings across various government agencies and stakeholders to include: IWS 8.0, PMS 501, PMS 505, NSWC Field Activities; CNSP, Tech Warrant Holders (TWHs), and In-Service Engineering Agents (ISEAs).
* Collaborate with Shipyard and Government waterfront personnel to include: LCSRONs, CSPE’s, Post Delivery Hull Managers, PMRs, and other associated test and trials personnel as required.
* Prepare and review SI&T briefings, data packages, drawings, metrics, plans, procedures, inspection and test data reports, and associated products for LCS stakeholder organizations as directed.
* Participate as LCS SI&T representative in programmatic meetings such as, Logistics Support Working Groups (LSWG) meetings, Configuration Management meetings, Test Planning Meetings, Technical Interchange Meetings (TIM), and Test Readiness Reviews (TRR), Lethality and Survivability, and Provisioning Planning meetings.
* Review Trial Cards and Test Observation Reports (TOR) post trials and assist in adjudicating the trial cards.
* Generate After Action Reports (AAR), document action items, and track to closure action items.
* Identify the impact of DMSMS related items to SI&T Combat System components and provide recommendations to mitigate risks and potential replacement item.
* Identify opportunities to improve processes and coordination, promote teamwork, and maintain quality of work in accordance with professional standards.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* US Citizenship
* Ability to attain DoD Secret Security Clearance
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Experience in Waterfront testing and evaluation environment.
* Strong working knowledge of combat and weapon systems.
* Knowledge of Navy acquisition Post-Delivery milestones (e.g. Final Contract Trials, CSSQT, PSA).
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Power Point.
* Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work in a team environment.
These Qualifications Would Be Nice to Have:
* 10 + years of military experience in Combat and Weapon Systems maintenance in disciplines such as Electronics Technician (ET), Fire Control (FCC) or Gunners Mate (GM) ratings or
* Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, Electrical or Electronics Engineering, Business Administration or related academic major, with 6+ years’ experience in Combat and Weapons Systems.
What We Can Offer You:
* We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
US-Washington-DC-WASHINGTON DC METRO
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.