4 months ago
PCB Design Engineer
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
Reporting to the Design Team Lead, the candidate is expected to take responsibility for the design, development and support of mixed electrical / electronic LRU solutions from concept to completion following a detailed phase-gate development process. Provide guidance and governance to the team in the integration of the LRU deliverables, supporting as necessary assembly and installation. Provides direction to the project team against specification requirements and further supports design review activities. Define processes, specifications, and procedures that support the design and manufacture of the electronic hardware. Provides direction used cross discipline to develop scope of work, metrics, schedules and budgets.
Provides lead to the LRU design and development, whilst engaging in the technical detail as an integral member of the team. Provide technical review of supplier capabilities to facilitate source selection. Facilitate the development of functional and physical design requirements to ensure complete integrated design architecture.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focussing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
2 x PCB Layout Engineer
* Experience of using Altium Designer for schematic capture and PCB layout
* Proven Experience of Schematic Capture and PCB Layout
* Experience with PCB CAM post processing such as GERBER
* EMC Awareness at product and PCB level
* Experience of Electronics Hardware Design & Product Development.
1 x Electronics Engineer
* Proven analogue hardware design capability.
* Familiar with PCB layout/design.
* Formal qualification in Electronics such as HNC/HND or Degree.
* Knowledge of 61-5 electrical systems would be a benefit but not essential.
* Capability with analogue simulation tools e.g. SPICE would also be an advantage.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.