6 months ago
Position : Payroll Manager
Location : Van Nuys, CA
Clay Lacy Aviation is looking for a Payroll Manager to join our team. The ideal candidate will have a strong payroll background and provide support to the Human Resources Director as well as help increase productivity in the Human Resources department. If you are dedicated, proactive, and goal-oriented, we would be delighted to get to know you better.
Payroll Manager is responsible for overseeing the payroll function in an accurate and efficient manner. This person will be responsible for processing payroll for 400+ employees, garnishments, verification of employments, personnel action forms and assisting the HR department in any way needed. The Payroll Manager is good with numbers and can be trusted with sensitive information.
* Working knowledge of payroll best practices, with a strong knowledge of federal and state regulations, FLSA and a full understanding of sensitive and confidential information.
* Experience with multi-state payroll processing.
* Strong PC skills, including advanced Excel ability.
* Ability to multitask, prioritize, and function with a high degree of professionalism and integrity in an energetic, demanding team environment.
* Strong interpersonal (written and verbal) communication skills, at all levels.
* Responsible for full life-cycle payroll processing.
* Updates Payroll System with New Hire, Term, Salary, Personal, and other information.
* Advanced decision making, problem solving, and analytical ability.
* Proficient in Paycom or equivalent payroll system
* Supervise payroll specialist
* Works with managers and supervisors on approving timesheets and updates, reviews and maintains related information for all Employees.
* Responsible for all nonexempt and exempt payroll and payroll activities for around 400+ people.
* Run payroll cycles, research, and resolve out of balance situations.
* Balance payroll accounts by auditing information; identifying and resolving discrepancies (cycle balancing).
* Resource for all employee Timekeeping inquiries.
* FLSA compliance subject matter expert and resource for hourly nonexempt employee Payroll inquiries.
* Meets payroll standards by contributing information to strategic plans and reviews; implementing production, productivity, quality, and customer-service standards; resolving problems; identifying system improvements.
* Meets financial standards by identifying variances; implementing corrective actions.
* Oversees the accurate updates of records by reviewing changes in exemptions, insurance changes, deductions, paid-time not worked, status, and pay; calculating vacation earned.
* Fulfills wage garnishment requirements by completing forms; adjusting payroll records, documenting and transmitting withholdings.
* Updating employee punches and time off requests in payroll system.
* Creating and entering PAF’s into the payroll system for all or any employee changes.
* Receiving, completing, entering and mailing of all garnishment and VOE’s in a timely manner.
* Verifying and entering on call system for Charter and Maintenance departments.
* Entering new hire and re-hire information into the HRIS/Payroll system.
* Assist with audits and project as for department as needed.
* College degree preferred but not required or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of 5 years payroll experience.
* Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a supervisory role.
Skills and Abilities
* Demonstrated excellent analytical skills, problem-solving ability and strong critical thinking skills.
* Strong proficiency in Excel.
* Experience working with HRIS/Payroll systems such as ADP, Paychex and Paycom.
* Proven ability to work both independently on projects and as part of the larger team.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Proven project management, organizational and time-management skills.
* Is open to flexible hours and schedule.
Clay Lacy Aviation offers an excellent benefit package including medical, dental, vision, matching 401(K) and more to employees in full-time positions.
Equal Opportunity Employer
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, the company provides reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities and encourages both prospective and current employees to discuss potential accommodations with the employer.