7 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating® and also rated as Best Regional Airline in North America by Skytrax.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, North Bay, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston, Washington (Dulles) and Pittsburgh, and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla
TEAM: People and Culture
POSITION: Payroll Administrator
REPORTS TO: Manager, Payroll
FUNCTION: Support the day to day activities of the payroll department and ensure that payroll processes and procedures are efficient and conducted in accordance with relevant policies, laws and regulations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Prepare and process Canadian and U.S. payrolls on a bi-weekly basis
* Calculate and process pay adjustments, salary changes, and other payroll related payments
* Accurately process payroll transactions, including status changes, terminations, timesheets, banking information, etc.
* Prepare and edit payroll audit reports prior to auditing and transmission
* Ensure compliance with all respective labour standards and regulations (CLC, ESA, and various US states)
* Maintain soft copy payroll files and ensure that file information is complete and up to date, including tax forms, employee forms, attendance reports, payroll register etc.
* Prepare ROEs and respond to all government-related inquiries
* Assist with quarterly and year-end activities including, audits, file reconciliation, adjustments and tax slip distribution
* Maintain payroll inbox inquiries and respond to internal and external inquiries in a prompt and professional manner
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high-quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Post-secondary diploma or equivalent work experience
* 2-3 years of work experience in payroll processing
* Payroll Compliance Practitioner (PCP) designation or in progress
* Avanti Software experience an asset
* Detail oriented and a proven self-starter
* Excellent time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a high volume environment
* Able to work autonomously while possessing strong interpersonal skills and excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to maintain a high degree of discretion, diplomacy and confidentiality
* Strong computer skills, experience using Google and/or Microsoft Office product
Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport
* Post Date November 7, 2018
* Reference ID 57-51-42