Swissport International AG, on behalf of more than 850 client-companies, provides best-in-class airport ground services for some 282 million passengers annually and handles approximately 4.8 million tons of air cargo at 122 warehouses world-wide. With a workforce of some 66,000 the world’s leading provider of airport ground services and air cargo handling is active at more than 300 airports in 50 countries on six continents. In 2018 the Group generated a consolidated operating revenue of EUR 2.99 billion. What to expect when joining us
Employment is subject to successful completion of the induction training course and subject to satisfactory references enabling you to obtain an airside pass.
The contract is Permanent.
Your contract will be 30 hours on average per week.
Salary is £8.21 per hour.
You will work a rotating roster which will include early starts and late finishes as well as some night shifts. The earliest start could be 3 a.m. the latest finish could be any time pre or post-midnight. You will work a 4 on 2 off pattern.
Shifts will be from 4 hrs. to 12 hrs. long.
Your working week will be a minimum
of 30 hours per week and your roster will be issued two weeks in advance. It may be subject to change at short notice but where ever possible your planned days off will be protected.
You will be provided a uniform which you will be required to wear to the company standard.
You will be entitled to holiday which will be accrued at approximately 14 hours per month and can be taken on application and subject to availability only.
Any holiday not taken will be paid at the end of the contract.
You will be paid monthly with any additional hours and deductions being applied a month in arrears.
Overtime is applicable at a rate of 1.25 times your hourly salary once you have exceeded 37.5 hrs. per week calculated over a monthly period.
You will be provided car parking at Swissport cost.
To provide all necessary and required passenger/customer services as contracted by the customer to include but not be limited to reservations, ticketing, baggage processing, terminal/gate check-in, jet way operation, greeting arriving passengers, handling of VIPs, provide special passenger assistance, handle customer complaints and other duties as assigned.
- Inspect and verify passenger documentation
- Issue boarding passes and reschedule passengers affected by flight interruptions or cancellations
- Manage passenger baggage processing including handling and fee calculation if applicable
- Assist passengers as needed through arrival and check in processes including support for passengers with special needs such as unaccompanied minors (UM), VIP passengers and passengers needing wheelchair assistance
- Direct passengers through Customs, Immigration, and Quarantine, as required
- Make public address announcements as required
- Assist Ramp Service Agents to ensure that wheelchairs, strollers and gate checked bags (cleared through security) are made available for loading upon departure and delivery to passengers upon arrival
- Comply with all federal, state, municipal, airport authority and carrier security requirements and Swissport SOPs and policies
- Operate equipment to include the jet way, computer keyboards, and carrier specific reservation/ ticketing software
- Produce all required, work-related documentation
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Competencies
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
- Passionate about customer service and must have relevant work experience
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) in country specific language
- Additional languages desirable
- Commitment to continuous improvement
- Self motivated and able to work independently
- Attentive to detail and numerate
- Ability to follow processes and procedures and apply flexible approach when required
- Must be able to type and learn airline specific computer reservation/ ticketing software
- Willingness to work in inclement weather
Swissport as an equal opportunity employer bases its hiring decisions on the business need and the best qualified candidates available, and does not discriminate in its employment decisions on the basis of any protected category. Candidates who are offered employment may be subject to a criminal record and other background checks as permitted or required by company policy or applicable law.
Swissport International Ltd. is the leading Ground Services Provider to the aviation industry. Swissport is employing over 60,000 dedicated professionals, serving over 700 client companies at 269 stations in 48 countries on five continents. Swissport delivers unparalleled value in the areas of Ground Handling, Cargo Services, Executive Aviation, Travel Services, Fuelling and Aircraft Maintenance. We strive to operate with the core values of People, Professionalism, and Partnership in all that we undertake. Our mission is simple – “To provide the aviation industry with consistent and tailor-made solutions around the globe, for a better customer experience”.