about 1 year ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston and Washington (Dulles), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Station Manager, Chicago Midway; the Customer Service Representative contributes to the efficient day-to-day operations of the department.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide high-quality customer service
* Check-in passengers for flights at the ticket counters by assigning seats, directing passengers to their gates, and checking documentation for flights while ensuring the timely and accurate delivery of passenger luggage
* Perform pre-flight check-in procedures by assigning seats, making gate announcements, issuing boarding passes and boarding the flight
* Monitor carry-on luggage and aircraft doors
* Assist passengers with special needs such as disabled and wheelchair passengers, and unaccompanied minors
* Assisting arriving passengers and oversee the International Arrivals baggage area
* Provide assistance to passengers whose baggage is mishandled or damaged
* Complete reports (BIR’s) and handle entire tracing to recovery of mishandled bags
* Arrange transportation method to restore the missing baggage to the rightful owner
* Respond to all passenger enquiries via telephone and email
* Maintain constant communication with the customer throughout the tracing or repair process
* Maintain accurate records and update PNR files
* Reconcile delivery service invoices
* Process appropriate compensation when required (Delay bag vouchers)
* Maintain commitment to the highest standard of customer service
* Perform Aircraft Security Sweep as required by TSA
* Groom the aircraft to ensure excellent passenger experience
* Assist with stocking passenger lounge
* Assist CSR’s where required in performing other functions
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Other Duties as assigned
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Ability to work on a permanent basis in the USA
* Experience in a customer service environment, preferably in the airline industry
* Knowledge of baggage services handling procedures will be preferable
* Ability to obtain necessary security clearances
* Need to be detailed oriented
* Possess the ability to multi-task
* Ability to work well in a team
* Have a proven positive track record when handling difficult situations and customers
* Dependability (must have a clear attendance record and reliable on time reporting for work)
* Able to work rotating shifts including days, afternoons, evenings, weekends, and holidays
* Must be capable of lifting/pushing/pulling up to 50lbs on a regular basis
* Supports and adheres to all company policies
* Ability to communicate and correspond clearly and precisely in English
* Chicago Midway International Airport - MDW
* Post Date March 15, 2018
* Reference ID 75-75-38