4 months ago
Porter Airlines has revolutionized short-haul flying with a warm and effortless approach to hospitality, restoring glamour and refinement to air travel. Porter is an Official 4 Star Airline® in the World Airline Star Rating®.
The airline currently offers flights to Toronto, Ottawa, Montreal, Quebec City, Fredericton, Saint John, Moncton, Halifax, St. John’s, Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie, Sudbury, Timmins, Windsor, New York (Newark), Chicago (Midway), Boston and Washington (Dulles), and has seasonal flights to Mt. Tremblant, Que., Stephenville, N.L., Myrtle Beach, S.C., Burlington, Vt., and Orlando-Melbourne, Fla.
FUNCTION: Reporting to the Manager, Catering and Airport Concessions with daily oversight from the Supervisor, Catering and Airport Concessions; the Airport Catering Driver contributes to the safe and efficient day-to-day operations of the airline.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Physically provision all flights with perishable and non-perishable commissary product
* Liaise with operating flight crew to ensure all flight provisioning requirements are met
* Communicate effectively with the catering personnel
* Assist catering personnel with warehousing and deliveries when required
* Operate a forklift when required
* Assist catering personnel with loading and unloading of the catering vehicle
* Manage the supply level on the catering vehicles
* Maintain the vehicle cleanliness
* Manage the garbage and recycling on a daily basis from the aircraft and catering facility
* Actively participate in Porter’s Safety Management System (SMS) including, reporting hazards and incidents encountered in daily operations; understand, comply and promote the Company Safety Policy
* Other Duties as assigned
* Concern for Safety: Identifying hazardous or potentially hazardous situations and taking appropriate action to maintain a safe environment for self and others.
* Teamwork: Working collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals.
* Passenger/Customer Service: Providing service excellence to internal and/or external customers (passengers).
* Initiative: Dealing with situations and issues proactively and persistently, seizing opportunities that arise.
* Results Focus: Focusing efforts on achieving high quality results consistent with the organization’s standards.
* Fostering Communication: Listening and communicating openly, honestly, and respectfully with different audiences, promoting dialogue and building consensus.
* Must have a valid G Class driver's license (or out of province equivalent) with a clean driver’s abstract
* Must be able to obtain a Restricted Area Security Pass
* Basic computer and keyboarding skills are required; experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook) is an asset
* Ability to lift up to 70lbs/32kgs and walk some distances; abilities to bend, kneel, and stoop
* Hard working attitude with initiative to work alone or in a team environment
* Ability to work shift work
* Must be able to pass a criminal background check
* Billy Bishop Toronto City Airport – YTZ
* Post Date November 14, 2018
* Reference ID 55-47-00