Reference Number: IRC7501
Job title: Part 147 Technical Instructor
Operating globally, Monarch Aircraft Engineering (MAEL) provides aircraft maintenance services to customers located in Eastern and Western Europe, the Middle East, Australia and North America. MAEL is a leading MRO for new technology aircraft, including the Boeing 787 Dreamliner, for which it is one of a small group of worldwide Boeing-approved GoldCare providers. Our employees are our greatest asset and are fundamental to the success of our business. Our team are amongst the most highly trained professionals in the industry and are committed to delivering superior levels of service.
Monarch Engineering; Line Maintenance provider of the year 2017; are in their 50th year. A dedicated and customer focused company who are looking for a Part 147 Training Instructor to join their Luton based training academy team.
The Monarch Aircraft Engineering training academy is equipped with state-of-art classrooms providing superb opportunities for supporting a wide range of technical and non-technical training in a high-quality environment, which ensures that we remain at the leading edge of aircraft industry innovation.
Through our highly experienced and skilled training team we have gained a worldwide reputation for our continuing high standards and have the capability for delivering Part 147 approved training on Boeing and Airbus aircraft types, ranging from general familiarisation to full B1/B2 level in addition to Part 147 Category “A” Licence training. In addition to this our four-year apprenticeship programme, which began in 1971, has produced over 750 high calibre engineers for both Monarch Aircraft Engineering and the wider aviation industry. With all of this experience we are extremely proud of upholding our reputation for producing high calibre engineers for the industry.
Reporting to the Part 147 Training Manager to activities within the Monarch Aircraft Engineering training portfolio to the highest possible standard of technical and behavioural instructional skill. The Technical Instructor will develop, deliver and maintain both practical and knowledge-based training programmes from technical standards and regulatory information to Part-147 requirements, to meet the needs of Monarch Aircraft Engineering and its customers.
The position of Instructor is responsible for the competent delivery of their relevant experience offered within the scope of Monarch Aircraft Engineering’s approval as a registered training organisation and Part 147 organisation, plus additional standalone courses relevant to their history of employment. The Instructor is also expected to participate in the delivery of specialist subjects relevant to their experience which are embedded within other training programmes.
· CIPD in Learning & Development Practice, PGCE, PTLLS or equivalent with demonstrable practical experience delivering training
· Holds EASA Part 66 Licence (B1 or/and B2) with the capability and aptitude to attain Part-147 instructor approval. B787, B737NG A320 and Q400 is desirable
· Conversant with EASA 145 & 147 requirements and relevant elements that are assigned to the scope of instruction, but also about the rules and specific procedures (MTOE etc.) governing the teaching in a controlled environment
· Good understanding and experience of aviation legislation to promote the “appropriate attitude” towards regulation and procedures, and in particular the strict adherence to approved maintenance practices and quality standards
· Ability to develop training materials using various mediums and delivery methods.
· A good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
· Excellent communication (written & spoken) and confident presentation skills