about 1 year ago
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems equipment on board. From space exploration and defense to today’s more electric, more intelligent, more integrated aircraft – our systems make modern flight possible. And by “make it possible,” we mean: we start it, power it, control it, ventilate it, quiet it, land it, stop it and monitor it. We have more than 41,000 employees across 26 countries working at the forefront of technological innovation. Thanks to their efforts, our global reach and our market-leading position, we do big things no one else can do.
Today, the fully integrated landing systems we design, test and manufacture help millions of passengers reach their destinations safely. But we aren’t satisfied with today’s success. Our global Landing Systems team is committed to continuous improvement – we work hard to make our solutions lighter-weight, stronger and more technically advanced, so that plane travel can be safer, more affordable and more sustainable in the years to come. We are looking for the best and brightest to fly and land with us!
The Landing System division of UTC Aerospace has an opportunity for a Painter II on the 3rd shift. The selected individual will perform paint and surface prep operations on landing gear components, in accordance with approved technical data to ensure compliance with required standards. The selected candidate may need to train on 1st shift for specified amount of time, as determined by supervision. This position is considered safety sensitive in accordance with FAA Guidelines. Candidate will be subject to drug and alcohol testing per FAA’s regulation 14 CFR part 120, as well as 49 CFR part 40.
* Maintain paint equipment, mix paint, paint control.
* Perform stop-off at required areas per paint schematics, apply primer, and apply top coat to landing gear
* Maintain paint booth and environmental logs
* Perform surface preparation of component for final inspection, including sealing of bushings, stenciling, and application of corrosion preventatives
* Execute minor polishing on major components for final inspection
* 1-5 years experience as an industrial painter.
* Ability to independently perform all paint functions in a landing gear overhaul facility
* Ability to interpret blueprints
* Ability to use all necessary close tolerance measurement instruments with proficiency
* Basic computer skills.
Education: Education / Certifications
High School Diploma, or equivalent
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.