5 months ago
When the global aerospace community looks for ideas and solutions to its biggest challenges, they turn to the people of UTC Aerospace Systems. We design, invent and deliver the most advanced and diverse range of aerospace systems on the market. We are inventors. We are manufacturers. We work in space exploration, commercial air travel, defense and rescue applications. Always learning and pushing the boundaries, we are an undisputed industry leader that continually sets the bar higher and higher. Come soar with us.
The high-quality products we design, produce and service in our Interiors, Actuation and Propeller Systems (IAPS) business allow both passengers and crew members to have a more comfortable experience and greater peace of mind during flight. From lighting and actuation systems to propellers, evacuation systems and seating - what we design and manufacture works together behind the scenes to enhance the overall flight experience. We delight our customers with superior products and best-in-class customer service, yet passengers don't even know we're there - and that's how we like it!
This is a level II position that applies chemical conversion and primer coating of aircraft components under direct supervision and performs routine and repetitive painting and processes. The person must be self-motivated and can work independently or within a team.
* Applies chemical conversion coatings and paint to components and frames
* Performs routine and standard tasks with minimal assistance
* Follows standard work or blueprint instructions
* Contacts material handler or planner if shortages exist or incorrect parts are in bins
* Participates in all team stand-ups
* Abides by UTAS safety guidelines and seeks to eliminate EH&S safety risks and hazards
* Adheres to all UTAS rules and codes of conduct
* Provides continuous improvement ideas in order to support lean and ACE initiatives
* May perform other job duties as required and available for overtime as necessary
* Focus on compliance to requirements and satisfying customers by achieving 'zero defect' quality.
* One year of relevant painting capability
* High School Diploma
* Years of experience in lieu of education: Two years
Nothing matters more to UTC Aerospace Systems than our strong ethical and safety commitments. As such, all U.S. positions require a background check, which may include a drug screen.
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.