Leonardo Helicopters part of the multi-national Leonardo Group is a world leader in the design, manufacture and support of helicopters. We have a great heritage and pride ourselves both on our reputation for excellence and for providing opportunities for our people.
Employment benefits include a competitive salary, 25 days annual leave, salary sacrifice childcare voucher scheme, the opportunity to join an award winning pension scheme, free car parking, employee discount scheme, an on-site Occupational Health Service, flexible working, flexi -leave scheme and a generous relocation package.
Here is your chance to become part of the success story:
We are looking for a talented Painterto join our UK team based at our Yeovil site in the South West of England.
As a Painter, your main purpose is to …
- To treat, prepare, prime and colour aircraft to drawings.
- To treat, prepare, prime and colour aircraft assemblies and details in line with current company requirements.
Key Responsibility Areas
- Preparation and application of paint (prime and colour) to internal surfaces and external paint finishes of various materials to high standard
- Final painting of transmission components
- Final painting of spares to external finish
- Caulking and sealing of aircraft and assemblies
- Reporting to Team Leader/Supervisor
- Jacking of Aircraft to assume stability while painting
- De-panelling Aircraft to allow painting and masking
- Locally liaise on job problem solving.
- Locally liaise with Team Leaders and Supervision
- Locally liaise with design/engineering to resolve assembly issues
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
*NVQ Level 3 and a completed apprenticeship in Paint Finishing
Experience in the following processes/tasks:
- Material life, paint mixing
- Caulking, aircraft detail painting
- Paint structures, paint majors
- Job cards, method planning, PI sheets
- Final aircraft painting
- Stencils, transfers, lettering
- Full preparation and application of irathane treatment to ACSR struts to achieve required distribution standard
- Modification preparation to main and tail rotor blades to achieve required balance standards
- Application of paint to main and tail rotor blades to achieve required balance standards
- Caulking and stopping of all dynamic components prior to painting to meet aerodynamic requirements
- Post application treatment to main and tail rotor blades to meet aerodynamic requirements (feathering etc)
- Full preparation and painting of main and tail rotor blades, aircraft panels, assemblies and details including masking and filling as required