3 months ago
Location : Location
# of Openings
1 month ago(5/14/2019 1:26 PM)
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Job Summary: The individual will perform duties related to the accurate priming and spray painting of assigned parts using an industrial spray painting system within a controlled paint booth.
* Checks parts prior to priming and painting to ensure they are properly prepped.
* Mixes paint and uses industrial spray painting system within a paint booth to prime and spray paint assigned parts.
* Completes visual inspection of parts after they are painted to ensure the paint and primer applied meet customer and quality requirements.
* Assists with monitoring paint supply inventory and orders as needed.
* Ensures that the work area and equipment are cleaned up and neat and that supplies are replenished at end of shift.
* Complies with all Federal, State and company environmental, health, safety and quality policies and procedures regarding the use of and proper disposal of paint and supplies.
* Complies with all safety precautions recommended by paint manufacturers.
* Completes routine preventative maintenance on the paint booth and equipment.
* Completes all required paperwork and computer entries in an accurate and timely manner.
* Participates in and supports 5s and other continuous improvement activities within the work cell and in other areas of the company as assigned.
* Performs other duties as assigned by cell leader.
Education: High school diploma or GED
Experience: Interested candidates should have a minimum of 1-2 years of industrial or automotive experience where the major responsibility was prepping, priming and spray painting the finished product
Skills/Abilities Essential to the Position:
► Mechanical Aptitude ►Follow written and verbal technical instructions ► Dependability ► Basic PC Skills ►Time Management ►Strong Attention to Detail ►Verbal Communication ► Team Oriented ► ►Ability to work with minimal supervision ►Strong Organizational Skills ►Ability to pass a drug/alcohol screening test and a physical examination that will assess the ability to perform essential elements of the job as well as a pulmonary function test that will determine ability to wear a respirator. ►Ability to lift up to 50 lbs, ability to stand, walk, bend and lift for prolonged periods of time ►Ability to distinguish different colors
► Industrial spray painting techniques ► Knowledge of Hazardous Waste Requirements
Kaman is an EO Employer-M/F / Veteran/ Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any protected class.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Corporation considers for employment and hires qualified candidates without regard to age, race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, protected veteran or disability status or any factor prohibited by law. Kaman Corporation and all of its related companies fully endorse equal opportunity for all. Kaman provides reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures and/or process. Please inform us if you need assistance completing any forms or to otherwise participate in the application process. For more information, please click here for a notice that provides information concerning the laws and procedures for filing complaints of violations of the laws with the Office of Federal Contract Compliance Programs (OFCCP).