10 months ago
Moog Inc., a 2.5 billion dollar company, is a worldwide designer, manufacturer, and integrator of precision motion control products and systems. Moog’s high-performance systems control military and commercial aircraft, satellites and space vehicles, launch vehicles, missiles, industrial machinery, wind energy, marine applications, and medical equipment.
Our Aerospace and Defense (A&D) operating groups – Aircraft Group (AG) and Space and Defense Group (SDG) – are undertaking a global ERP/SAP transformation that entails a five to seven year collaborative program followed by continuous improvements activities. By the end of the program, Moog A&D will have a common instance of an SAP environment implemented, and impacted workforce transitioned accordingly. We are searching for an experienced Organizational Change Management Lead to help ensure the success of this major initiative.
When thinking about your next position, are you looking for:
* The opportunity to influence leadership and increase the maturity of OCM at Moog?
* Playing a key role in the success of a critical, multi-year global initiative?
* High visibility, high accountability?
* A challenging, yet rewarding experience?
* Working in a culture of mutual trust and respect?
This position offers all that and more!
Implementing a new ERP/SAP system solution along with new processes aligned to best practices across two operating groups requires a comprehensive Organizational Change Management (OCM) program to ensure the people side of this transformation is properly managed. The OCM Lead, as a member of the A&D SAP leadership team, has leadership responsibility to ensure the SAP program meets its objectives on time and within budget by focusing on the people side of all changes associated with the SAP transformation over the next several years.
You’ll be expected to take on the following:
* Create and execute change management strategies and plans
* Develop and manage a change management team
* Lead and manage the design, development, and delivery of strategic SAP change efforts
* Interface and collaborate with other members of the project team, the Systems Integrator, OCM functions (communications specialist, training vendor, etc.) and across operating groups and sites
* Manage the tactical OCM activities associated with piloting and rollout efforts, such as training and resource planning for OCM activity
* Communicate regularly with the program’s executive steering committee
In short, the OCM Lead’s primary responsibility is to maximize the benefits of this transformative program by developing a sound OCM strategy that ensures employees are engaged in the changes, and are prepared for success as the changes come to fruition.
To be considered for this position you’ll need the following:
* A Bachelor’s degree
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Prior experience leading OCM for a program of similar transformative significance
* A strong understanding of different change models and approaches, and how to apply them for specific business scenarios and cultures
* Keen ability to tune in and understand people’s emotions (both positive and negative) without personal bias
* Sensitivity towards and ability to quickly understand unique business needs and company culture
* U.S. citizenship or permanent resident status
“Highly Beneficial” areas of experience:
* Experience working in the Aerospace & Defense or manufacturing industry
* Knowledge and understanding of SAP
* Change Management certification or credentials
You can expect about 15% travel both domestically and internationally.
The position is located at our headquarters location in East Aurora (Buffalo), NY. Relocation is available as necessary.
At Moog, the work we do matters, as does every single person who works with us. We strive to make products, which are the best in industry, admired by customers, and envied by competitors.
EOE/AA Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation