4 months ago
Organisational Design Manager
Ampthill - Bedfordshire, London, Whiteley - Hampshire
Specific Job Description
* Assesses critical business issues and designs organisation development and strategic plans to enhance company performance. Facilitates design and implementation of reengineering and/or reorganization efforts. Advises and designs on team effectiveness and performance.
* Define and execute sound organisation development practices that help drive International’s business transformation, working in partnership with corporate COE teams (Centres of Expertise) as needed
* Assess and evolve the organisational culture, including core measures of desired outcomes
* Provide change management expertise to Functional leaders as required to lead large-scale, complex change projects for International in partnership with Human Resource Directors
* Provide organisation assessment, design advice and direct execution support to ensure the structure and dynamics of major functional organisations support the business strategy
* Support team effectiveness within and across functional lines
* Functions as an integrated part of a Talent and Capability Development team where organisation design, team effectives and change management solutions enable the evolution of an increasingly competitive workforce.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Enterprise Business Services (EBS) consists of LMUK IT Services, Payroll, ESH, HR and Finance functions. With employees located throughout the UK, EBS provides UK wide support to the LMUK business areas.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Significant experience of acting as a consultant or manager within an International Corporate or Business Organisational Development/Capability organization with large or complex organizations with geographically disbursed team members and clients.
* Experience leading an enterprise-wide strategic initiatives
* Sound understanding and demonstrated application of Organisation Design, Change Management and Team Effectiveness practices and tools (i.e. Jay Galbraith’s Five Star Model; PROSCI methodology and tools; Team effectiveness assessments-Strengths Finder, Parker Team Player, Lencioni-; Agile team practices and team development plans)
* Experience of working in the Middle East and internationally, in different business structures e.g. Joint Ventures, Partnerships and Direct.
* Collaborative Relationship Building, develops high-trust working relationships with both clients and co-workers; inspires others to engage and participate.
* Investigates and takes action to meet client needs and exceed their expectations
* Effectively and consistently navigates ambiguous project environments; organizes work efforts and deliverables with a concern for order, quality, and accuracy
* First-rate communication and influencing abilities, a persuasive writer, speaker, and presenter across multiple settings and with varied audiences
* Conceptual and critical thinker who anticipates situations, stays ahead of trends, and develops novel and elegant client solutions
* Respectfully facilitates multiple points of view
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience of large scale, matrix managed, complex, blue chip environments
* Strong business acumen and analytical skills as demonstrated by the ability to think deeply and systemically about business problems, breaking down problems and presenting creative solutions while evaluating the pros and cons of each option.
* Strong executive presence including capability to successfully engage with the highest levels of leadership.
* Experience building professional business relationships with executive leaders, Sr. leaders, and HR peers
* Strong project management skills to coordinate actions from across the enterprise and deliver timely, quality products. Bias for urgency in meeting deadlines
* Track record of setting stretch goals and delivering on commitments.
* Ability to build a strong business case and “burning platform” and communicating to all key stakeholders to build urgency and engagement
* Adapt and develop world-class best practices inside the organisation to create significant competitive advantages by improving efficiency and accountability.
* Demonstrated ability to bring teams together rallying around the same goals while building and mentoring staff for the long-term success of the group. Experience working in and managing teams in a matrix organization structure
* Green belt in Six Sigma tools and processes
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.