11 months ago
If you want to help make our world a better and safer place – in space, in the air, on the ground, in the sea – then the Intelligence Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) & Space Systems team may be the place for you. Every day we support the nation on the critical missions of warfighters and astronauts with cutting-edge technology, information, reconnaissance and life-support systems. Our mission is their safety and success.
Do you have what it takes to push the boundaries of leading edge, future shaping technologies, deliver results while working with a diverse team of talented individuals, and challenge yourself knowing that what you do matters to the country and the warfighter? Are you Mission Ready? This job is for you!
We at ISR & Space Systems are world leaders in high altitude and space based electro-optical sensors, employed by the U.S. and foreign militaries in mission critical intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance operations. Our passion for supporting and protecting those who protect our freedom and their mission demands excellence in everything we do, from the talent we recruit to the highly-engineered systems we deliver.
In this role you will be part of the Metrology team which is responsible for measuring in process and final optical metrology and microroughness measurements on precision optics and optical systems. The candidate will be working closely with opticians, technologists and engineers in a culture of continuous improvement of processes and identify opportunities to improve quality, efficiency, throughput and first-pass yield
Major duties for this positon include precision inspections and measurements, machine use and providing assistance to the team by executing assignments within the Optical Manufacturing organization.
* Measuring optics in accordance with manufacturing documentation, process documentation and technical requirements under the guidance of the Group Leader
* Ensure safe handling of in-process and deliverable hardware
* Compliance to standard work requirements
* Support full compliance to Environmental, Health and Safety requirements
This job is critical to the success of the organization. Optics and optical assemblies are at the heart of the majority of products produced by ISR and Space Systems. This position is essential to our mission because it directly contributes to the high-precision products we deliver in support of our nation’s security interests.
Work spans across traditional manufacturing areas and laboratory environments
* 2 - 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment including working knowledge of interferometric techniques and optic handling.
* Basic Computer Skills
* Working knowledge of manufacturing standards and practices
* Ability to follow manufacturing instructions in the production of optics and optical assemblies
* Ability to learn
* Strong team player
* Familiar with machinery and optical manufacturing equipment
* Proficiency with technical information (e.g., process specifications and instructions)
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills
* Technical School, Associates Degree or equivalent experience in a manufacturing or technical area
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.