10 months ago
Optical (Assembly, Integration and Test)
Join a team recognized for leadership, innovation and diversity
Honeywell team members have a desire to contribute, push the state of the art and grow. Our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key competitive advantage.
Honeywell Aerospace Space products group is looking for Talent interested in meeting the challenge of developing innovative space mission and instrument solutions to address the evolving needs of global government and commercial customers with cutting edge Optical and science instruments, RF payloads and systems, Microsatellite and hosted payload missions
As an Optical AIT with a minimum of 10 years’ experience you will work in a small cross functional team of Mechanical, Optical and Systems engineers collaborating on the design, development, and implementation of space science instruments, technology, and missions. A broad spectrum of optical and opto-mechanical elements, such as mirrors and mounts, to critical subsystems such as Fore Optics and detector assemblies and to full up instruments with electronics and mechanisms will need to be realized.
Looking for talent to accelerate our growth opportunities, developing quick to market, high volume solutions to address the growing small satellite markets.
The candidate will be required to develop leading edge mechanical and opto-mechanical designs and document their design in accordance with Canadian Space Agency standards. This position is within the Ottawa, Canada Design Engineering Team designing optical components, instruments, and payloads for Honeywell Space Products.
* Able to evaluate and understand customer requirements and interfaces towards the development and layout of optical instrumentation.
* Participate as a key team member in the development of unique mechanical concepts for optics, optical mount, flexures and structures with critical constraints that meet the demanding requirements of space applications.
* Using your good understanding of mechanical and opto-mechanical design principles, geometric tolerancing and manufacturing know how develop strategies and methods to be able to efficiently and quickly build and test systems and components that require critically precise alignment.
* Using your good understanding of manufacturing processes (DFMA) and optical alignment and testing to support the development and build of hardware that is driven towards lower cost and higher volumes.
* Hands-on experience and an ability to participate through the entire process of design, analyses procure; manufacture test and delivery of hardware.
* Through good communication skills and writing prepare technical proposals and support the generation of cost estimates and project schedules and presentations at design reviews and customer meetings.
The Honeywell building is a controlled goods program environment. Candidates must be eligible for CGP clearance.
Environmental Test Support
Test Procedure and Reporting
YOU MUST HAVE
* A technical Degree in mechanical design or similar.
* 10+ years in an Assembly Integration and Test role.
* 5+yrs in a design role with a specialty in opto-mechanical hardware design development.
* Energetic and highly organized.
* Passion to develop solutions and trouble shoot problems.
* Developing hardware for the space, vacuum and or similar harsh environments.
* Environmental testing (TVAC, Vibration, Shock).
* Background in the development of small compact, highly capable optical components.
* Developing High-Volume optical production.
* 3D modeling using CAD tools such as CREO, Solidworks or NX.
* Experience with Additive Machining (3D printing) and rapid prototyping.
Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities under the Ontario Human Rights Code
Honeywell Aerospace Overview
* Continued Professional Development
* * ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
* Job ID: HRD26597
* Category: Engineering
* Location: 303 Terry Fox Dr, Ottawa, ON K2K 3J1 CAN
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.