about 1 year ago
Operations Supervisors- Positions Available, Toronto Site - Shifts-ONT00111
Your ideas move people
At Bombardier Aerospace our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide. If you have a good idea, we'll provide the environment where it will grow into a great product or an exceptional customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
Our Toronto, Canada Team is currently seeking qualified Supervisors for Production to play a key role in meeting the goals of the business in today's challenging and changing environment.
The assignment may be for Days, Afternoons, Midnights, Rotating and/or weekend shift.
In your role you will:
- Plan, implement and control functional activities in order to achieve the Operations Unit and/or Product Quality performance targets including goals set forth for the Achieving Excellence System
- Ensure that all team members understand their role and performance in achieving the Operations Unit plan
- Must be able to provide leadership and coaching to all employees in the department and provide feedback to employees
- Ensure functional role of support organizations are integrated into Operations Unit resulting in a one-team approach
- Ensure the right resources are available on a shift by shift basis to meet projected workload delivery on quality, cost and schedule
- Maintain housekeeping standards to ensure a safe working environment
- Maintain an equitable work environment.
As our ideal candidate,
- You must possess post-secondary degree/diploma in technical discipline and a minimum of three (3) years’ experience in a Supervisory role in a Manufacturing environment
- Ethics, integrity and honesty; respect for others; cooperation; be motivated to get things done; be able to express ideas logically and coherently; possess a positive attitude; be able to overcome obstacles; assume full responsibility; utilize the appropriate resources to solve day-to-day problems; react quickly to unforeseen events
- You must have in depth knowledge and experience in budgeting control, manufacturing and scheduling
- You must have previous experience working in a unionized environment
- You must have high-level customer oriented approach with the desire to provide excellent service
- You have interpersonal skills necessary to develop and maintain effective working relationships with employees, customers, all levels of management team, and other departments
- You have experience in developing both long-range strategic goals and short-term tactical plans
- You must be flexible and able to work various shifts, including weekends
- Experience in Aerospace, Automotive and/or heavy manufacturing will be an asset
Bombardier Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer and encourages women, Aboriginal people, persons with disabilities and members of visible minorities to apply.
Whether your candidacy is moving on to the next step of the hiring process or not, we will keep you informed by email or with a phone call. Join us at careers.bombardier.com
Primary Location: CA-ON-Toronto Downsview
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 14.09.2015, 11:00:00 PM