Volantes Technical Recruitment are seeking an Operations shift Supervisor for a leading corporate jet client in the South.
The scope and purpose of this role is to assist the Duty Operations Manager with the delivery of client experience to both internal and external stakeholders, assisting in inspiring the shift to consistently deliver
the highest service levels and exceed client expectations.
The role oversees all aspects of the company’s day to day Ground Operations to ensure compliance with the company’s Operations Manual (OM), in conjunction with the Company Operations Procedures Manual (OPM) and the regulations produced by the UK CAA and applicable Regulatory Authorities, under whose registers the company operates aircraft.
The overall purpose is to deliver safe, efficient and timely aircraft services to our clients. The role will report to the Duty Operations Manager.
Main duties and responsibilities include;
· Oversight and management of day to day workflow of Operations Controllers as agreed by the Duty Operations Manager
· Assist the managerial team in ensuring staff are trained to the same standard, and assisting with coaching, developing and training of staff as required.
· Providing leadership to the Operations Controllers, escalating any issues to the appropriate management where necessary
· Acting as a mentor to Operations Controllers, ensuring all Controllers feel supported in their roles and self-development
In addition, all Operations Controller duties will continue with the overall purpose to deliver safe, efficient and timely aircraft services to our clients, with principal accountabilities for the following:
· The efficient processing and planning of Company aircraft operations in accordance with statutory requirements and Company policy as defined in the OM
· Responsible for the supervision of Operations Controllers and other persons who may be employed in the Operations room
· Utilising the manuals and publications within the Company’s operations library:
- UK Air Pilot
- AIC (Aeronautical Information Circulars)
- ANO (Air Navigation Orders) and Regulations
- Company Operations Manuals
- Aeronautical Charts
- Flight Following
- Security Program
- Any other applicable legislation or regulatory documentation
Skills and Experience:
· A minimum of three years’ operational experience, ideally gained within a Business Aviation environment
· Sound knowledge and understanding on national and international aviation regulations and the effect on day to day operational requirements
· Ideally, experience in a similar role within a similar organisation, together with the ability to deal with complex operational issues inherent to a fast moving environment.
· Excellent communication skills with a range of audiences, including senior management, board members and VVIP clients