6 months ago
Org Marketing Statement
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Our growing Commercial Aerospace Business is seeking a dynamic and progressive Operations Leader to join our team. The Commercial Business Unit employs approximately 600 individuals, in beautiful Ogden Utah, right at the base of the Wasatch mountains. This facility is one of the largest locations within Parker Hannifin, a 100-year-old Global Fortune 250 company. As such, the Commercial Aerospace business is pivotal to the success of our company, and this role enjoys the opportunity to help set and direct the vision and strategy of the business.
We're looking for a proactive and experienced Operations Manager with understanding of production processes as they relate to aircraft systems components, machined part fabrication, tooling fabrication, and assembly. This role has overall leadership responsibility for more than 200 operation employees, including operations supervisors who lead the work of the hourly operations employees. Coordinates cross-functional activities to ensure quality products, delivered on time to our customers. This role reports to the Commercial Business Unit Manager, who is responsible for overall business performance.
- Lead the Fabrication and Assembly/Test team to ensure delivery of defect free product on time to the customer
- Leads strategy deployment for the operation team to ensure strategies and tactics are in place to achieve operational excellence.
- Accountable for driving Lean initiatives throughout the operation to ensure they are fully embraced and implemented.
- Works collaboratively with Supply Chain, Engineering and Quality teams and aligns needs to facilitate operational success
- Develops a budget plan and manages operation within budget constraints.
- Maintains familiarity with competitive environment within geographical area of responsibility.
-- Provides leadership by promoting team concepts, coaching, counseling, retaining, mentoring, training, talent management, and individual development. Drives a culture of accountability and results through strategy deployment and effective performance management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical or business discipline is required; an advanced degree is a plus.
- 10 or more years of experience leading an entire production department from material receipt to shipping.
- Practical knowledge of manufacturing processes, and/or specialty areas in quality or operations support.
- Ability to analyze reports and information using available information systems (e.g. MRP or other planning/execution systems).
- Strong understanding and experience running operations using fundamental Lean methodologies.
- General knowledge of business and government regulations (e.g. manufacturing specifications, FAA, safety).
- Previous experience leading a substantially sized team, including coaching, hiring, managing performance etc.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Ability to effectively and persuasively present information to management, customers, and employees.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)