Lupos Global is a Specialist Aviation Recruitment Consultancy providing candidates with career opportunities across the Aerospace & Aviation and Engineering Sectors worldwide. Working with aviation companies ranging from small disruptive independents through to industry leading brands, we advise clients on how to attract, retain and develop their value enhancing talent.
Lupos Global has a requirement for an Operations Controller based in Heathrow.
Qualifications and Experience Required
· Ability to communicate at all levels
· Good customer service skills
· A polite and friendly manner
· Strong efficiency and punctuality
· A working knowledge of Microsoft office
· Good organisational skills
· A minimum of 12 months previous experience in a similar role
The Operations Controller is responsible to the Head of OCC for:
· To provide flight watch cover to ensure an efficient and safe operation with consideration to all operational factors
· Conduct daily operations update briefings to all departments, with inputs for crewing and MCC
· Providing detailed handover to oncoming OCC controller at shift changeover
· Responsible for activating key operational procedures, for example, Emergency Response Plan
· Close liaison with maintenance control regarding aircraft serviceability and advise all concerned of any cargo limitations due MEL restrictions
· Close liaison to discuss schedule changes and optimise crew utilisation to minimise any delays caused by schedule disruption
· To obtain necessary ATC/airport slots and make schedule adjustments as required
· Check each flight to confirm arrangements are in place for: permits, airport slots, handling, catering, customs arrangements
· Prior to each flight check NOTAMS, weather, operational flight plan, sector payload, aircraft performance limitations, ATC restrictions – make any adjustments to the planned flight as necessary and inform crew
· Create crew brief for each flight to include, but not limited to: operational flight plan, NOTAMs, weather information, NAT tracks (as applicable), crew briefing trip sheet containing details of crew/schedule/permits/handling/fuel/cargo details/Gen Decs/NOTOC/other information as applicable
· Ensure electronic customs/immigrations (APIS) submissions are made for flights to/from USA/Canada
· Provide flight details to all concerned (internal departments/outstations/customers) and provide updates for schedule changes
· Oversight of crewing to ensure all flights are operated in accordance with Company EASA FTL scheme.
· Co-ordinate with the crewing team to ensure day-to-day changes are captured, overseeing crew rescheduling, delayed reporting, changes to transport arrangements, hotel accommodation etc
· Updating of flight programme in Company operations system (ASL) as required and checking data entry is made for each flight (manual or via ACARS)
· Monitoring flight delays and recording agreed delay codes as necessary
· Giving guidance of aircraft and crew availability for charter enquiries and preparation of ad-hoc charters including liaison with all departments to confirm arrangements and arranging schedule/permits/handling/fuel/credit facilities once flight is confirmed.
Lupos Global is the trading name of Lupos Global Limited, an employment business / agency