Menska Ltd have been commissioned by the client, a market leader in the charter and airline sector, to find a number of operations controllers to work on an exciting and new project which will run concurrently to the normal everyday business.
The Operations Control Centre performs all functions required to ensure a safe and punctual schedule is delivered across a new customer network, whilst meeting customers’ expectations regarding reliability and punctuality.
The Operations Controllers work closely with other departments and external agents to manage the daily flying programme operated by the client and specifically for this new project. Under the supervision of the Senior Operations Controller and/or Operations Manager they are responsible for monitoring, pre-empting and reacting to live daily operational occurrences.
Responsibilities and Skills
· Crew rostering for all relevant flights
· Ensuring the company FTL (Flight Time Limited) scheme is adhered to.
· Maintain a flight watch on all flights during the shift.
· Liaise with all handling agents keeping them up to date with the daily schedule and any disruption that may occur.
· Monitor flight plans and slots for all airports on the network.
· Produce reports for the management team as required.
· Inputting and updating spreadsheets relevant to flight safety
· Monitor weather and NOTAM reports for all relevant destinations
· Commercial awareness combined with interpersonal and communication skills
· Flexibility towards working shift system (8-hour shift) that can change at short notice due to technical or weather issues
· Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook (including diaries and email)
· Be well organised and pro-active in approach to responsibilities with ability to work on own initiative and to specific deadlines