Exciting new permanent opportunity for an Operations Controller based at London Heathrow Airport.
Due to the opening and continued expansion of our client, a new B747-400 Cargo Carrier, we are looking for experienced Operations Controller for based at London Heathrow Airport. Our client is looking for an individual who is proactive and adaptable to a changing environment, and can help positively support change.
Reporting to the Operations Manager, the Operations Controller will ensure the efficient running of day-to-day Operations by forming part of a global team of Operations Controllers within the company.
The Operations Controller will have the ability to multi-task, whilst being proactive use their own initiative. In addition, this role will carry the ability to negotiate with suppliers, to remain cost effective and uphold a professional image to internal and external suppliers.
The Operations Controller is responsible to the Operations Control Manager for:
* To provide flight watch cover to ensure an efficient and safe operation with consideration to all operational factors
* Conduct daily operations update briefings to all departments, with inputs for crewing and MCC
* Providing detailed handover to oncoming OCC controller at shift changeover
* Responsible for activating key operational procedures, for example, Emergency Response Plan
* Close liaison with maintenance control regarding aircraft serviceability and advise all concerned of any cargo limitations due MEL restrictions
* Close liaison with sister company to discuss schedule changes and optimise crew utilisation to minimise any delays caused by schedule disruption
* To obtain necessary ATC/airport slots and make schedule adjustments as required
* Check each flight to confirm arrangements are in place for: permits, airport slots, handling, catering, customs arrangements
* Prior to each flight check NOTAMS, weather, operational flight plan, sector payload, aircraft performance limitations, ATC restrictions - make any adjustments to the planned flight as necessary and inform crew
* Create crew brief for each flight to include, but not limited to: operational flight plan, NOTAMs, weather information, NAT tracks (as applicable), crew briefing trip sheet containing details of crew/schedule/permits/handling/fuel/cargo details/Gen Decs/NOTOC/other information as applicable
* Ensure electronic customs/immigrations (APIS) submissions are made for flights to/from USA/Canada
* Provide flight details to all concerned (internal departments/outstations/customers) and provide updates for schedule changes
* Oversight of crewing to ensure all flights are operated in accordance with Company EASA FTL scheme.
* Co-ordinate with the crewing team to ensure day-to-day changes are captured, overseeing crew rescheduling, delayed reporting, changes to transport arrangements, hotel accommodation etc
* Updating of flight programme in Company operations system (ASL) as required and checking data entry is made for each flight (manual or via ACARS)
* Monitoring flight delays and recording agreed delay codes as necessary
* Giving guidance of aircraft and crew availability for charter enquiries and preparation of ad-hoc charters including liaison with all departments to confirm arrangements and arranging schedule/permits/handling/fuel/credit facilities once flight is confirmed
Qualifications and Experience Required
* Minimum of 1 years' experience in an Operations environment.
* Ability to communicate at all levels
* Good customer service skills
* A polite and friendly manner
* Strong efficiency and punctuality
* A working knowledge of Microsoft office
* Good organisational skills