7 days ago
Operational Manager Ground operations - ticketing and IROPS
To manage, organise and plan operational activities and processes within a field of operations (Ticketing & IRROPS) at Brussels Airlines in order to guarantee the realisation of the departmental operational objectives. The first focus is within Ground Operations, but can over time also be focused to the domain of Maintenance & Engineering or flight operations.
* Supervise the department(s) under your responsibility and ensure that direct report deliver desired results timely. to ensure that the department’s goals can be realised in accordance with the business requirements
* Review and challenge on a permanent basis traditional ways of working in order to streamline the processes and continuously improve efficiency and productivity of the department whilst ensuring compliance to all airline regulations.
* Take responsibility for communication to all levels in order to guarantee the best possible information flow and create buy-in of teams
* Co-ordinate and organise different activities of the department according to the priorities of each, and the needs of the organisation in order to offer an efficient and effective service that meets the quality criteria of the organisation within the set terms
* Set-up operational KPI’s, rive and follow up quality standards in order to achieve the desired service levels
* Coach and develop his/her employees in order to ensure their competencies, skills, know-how are used and developed to the best advantage and to work as a well-functioning department
* Stay well-informed about the evolutions within the specific field, keep his/her knowledge up-to-date within the context of new developments in order to strengthen his/her credibility by offering a service that is continuously based on updated knowledge
* You have a bachelor/university degree minimum 5 years of experience within an operational environment.
* Quick learner with an ability to take on different operational areas from the airline.
* You are process driven with eye for simplification of processes and efficiency gains.
* You are able to build and maintain productive relationships with all levels, influence effectively and gain buy-in for ideas.
* You have experience in delivering and supporting a complex and high transaction-volume operational environment in line with demanding service levels and compliance requirement.
* You are results-driven and a real entrepreneur.
* You have an analytical mind-set.
* You are not afraid to think out of the box and can tackle occurring problems in a creative way.
* Your dynamism enthusiasm and sense of humor make that you build effective and motivated teams.