9 months ago
Atlas offers a wide range of instruments and systems that simulate the environmental parameters of sunlight, temperature and moisture in the form of rain, dew and humidity. These parameters are controlled to replicate actual end use conditions. Weathering chambers incorporate light sources ranging from carbon arc to xenon; metal halide to UV fluorescent lamps. Corrosion chambers simulating marine or corrosive environments are also available. Typical applications can be found in a variety of industries; automotive, paints and coatings, food and beverage, plastics and polymers, paper and packaging, chemicals and pharmaceuticals, textiles, and solar. Additionally, Atlas offers a global network of commercial accelerated and outdoor testing sites providing weathering test services for all industries.
This position has a strategic focus in driving Operational Excellence through the Supply Chain for the division. The candidate will be accountable for leading Lean Supply Chain and Manufacturing initiatives that will have a direct, positive impact towards operational and margin improvement.
Successful candidates should have demonstrated experience leading Global Supply Chain projects involved with developing and executing a supply chain strategy for commodities, components, subassemblies and finished goods for Atlas. Additionally, the position is ideal for candidates illustrating a proven track record of improving internal operations through the application of Six Sigma, Lean and Kaizen.
- Identify and manage the pipeline of projects that compose our Material, VA/VE, and Other OpEx savings opportunities.
- Lead strategic initiatives for cost reduction, quality improvement, operational efficiency, new product development, acquisition integration and outsourcing.
- Collect, format, and analyze complex operational efficiency and/or sourcing related data variables in Excel spreadsheet form. Ability to use this analysis tool to provide management with clear, concise solutions to improve the business.
- Utilize Lean, Six-Sigma and other proven techniques to improve efficiency, quality and cost basis across the Atlas Operation and Supply Chain.
- Develop and maintain a Make / Buy decision strategy for key categories of spend, factoring in major relevant factors to ensure best approach in support of the product portfolio and operational improvements.
- Develop RFQ’s to market test current purchased components to gain the best competitive price.
- Negotiate favorable terms with suppliers to obtain the lowest “total cost of acquisition” for purchased components.
- Develop and create reports to measure progress and report Key Performance Indicator’s (KPI’s) to Management Team.
- Bachelor’s degree, MBA preferred
- 5-7 years of experience or equivalent level of education and experience
- Relevant experience in a high mix, low volume, assembly manufacturing environment focused on electro-mechanical products.
- International supply chain experience preferred.
- Practical experience implementing Lean manufacturing techniques.
- Any of APICS, ISM, Lean, Six-Sigma certifications or education
- Strong communication, project management, and negotiation skills.
- Experience utilizing prints, specifications, schematics, drawings and other technical documentation to make sourcing decisions.
- Experience using the Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Familiarity and experience using relevant ERP system modules
- Fluent in English, German speaking preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.