9 months ago
Aviall, a Boeing company is a leading solutions provider of aftermarket supply-chain management services for the aerospace and defense industries and is the largest subsidiary of The Boeing Company. Aviall has an entrepreneurial spirit and a can-do culture with the backing of one of the world’s best companies, Boeing.
The Operational Excellence Analyst V drives supply chain excellence initiatives in line with the overall business objectives of improving service, and reducing costs. Own supply chain excellence tools and processes, learning and development, and best practices. Prioritize supply chain improvement requests and provides project management guidance and tools. Supports the development of new supply chain concepts and identification of new opportunities/initiatives to improve supply chain efficiency. Represents Operations in functionally collaborative environments.
* Collects and analyzes data to evaluate operational difficulties and makes recommendations to solve problems.
* Develops and follows established modeling and evaluation processes to determine the effectiveness of current operational activities and to determine problem areas and develop solutions.
* Supports operations leadership in development of numerous strategies and plan implementation.
* Responsible for developing long-term goals and strategic objectives for an organization.
* Identifies, analyzes, and monitors issues that affect profitability, growth, and productivity.
* May also be responsible for recommending financial and non-financial strategic alternatives and developing and maintaining operational plans.
* Leads and coordinates with various business units and organizational leaders on various strategic initiatives.I
* Identify areas/potential projects where process redesign/improvement can significantly impact efficiency, quality, profitability, competitive position and customer satisfaction.
* Partner with process owners and champion to drive results.
* Conduct baseline and value stream studies to determine applicability of project idea to strategic business needs.
* Participate in business case development and prioritization of technology and/or business process driven projects.
* Responsible for internal and external reports that communicate status of initiatives, risks, opportunities, and financial outcomes.
* Leads project management activities, including timeline, activity reports, and status updates to ensure timely and successful project execution.
* Lead and/or direct the work of others and provide training and/or guidance to less experienced team members.
* Completes special projects and other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s degree in related field.
8 – 10 years related experience. 6-8 years of related experience in a corporate environment, preferably with distribution and/or services/transactional companies
Coursework and/or Certification(s): Coursework and certifications in Lean Six Sigma Black Belt from a recognized accrediting body or industry leader;
Master’s or MBA. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred. Supply Chain and Aerospace and Defense experience preferred
Travel: Up to 20%.
Physical requirements: Office environment; some light lifting not exceeding 35lbs may occur.
Aviall is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.