about 1 month ago
Oil Spill Response Captain - California
Concord, CA, USA
Thursday, July 18, 2019
At Dynamic Aviation, we solve unique challenges for our
customers with innovative aviation solutions. Our focus is on operations that
serve, protect, and enhance the lives of families and communities
worldwide. Whether modifying aircraft to help protect our service members
overseas, performing geographical mapping for scientific research, or working
to suppress large wild fires on the West Coast, we serve with integrity and
Since our beginning in 1967, Dynamic Aviation continues a
legacy of building strong relationships among our coworkers, community and
customers. Guided by our values, our talented team of more than 700
aviation professionals provide the foundation of our success. At Dynamic
Aviation, everyone has the opportunity to make an impact and enrich the lives
You will grow both personally and professionally being a
part of our team. We enjoy helping our employees achieve their potential and
support them every step of the way.
Are you ready to make a difference in your career and in the
world? Opportunity awaits!
Oil Spill Response Pilot
Location: Concord, California
Job Description: The OSR Pilot role exists to provide safe and efficient operation of the aircraft to respond to any flight requests and be airborne within three hours of an oil spill call out or drill.
* Available and prepared to fly 24/7/365 (except during agreed time off) and be airborne within three hours for our customer Marine Spill Response Corporation (MSRC)
* Trained to MSRC requirements for low altitude spray, spotting, observing and aerial tracking
* Maintain landing and instrument currency by flying on weekly training and currency flights
* Able to be away from home to respond to an oil spill for at least one month at a time
* Comply with all MSRC requirements as stated in the contract such as bucket tests, pilot currency, MSRC equipment inspections, etc.
* Help complete all necessary aircraft maintenance and aircraft maintenance paperwork
* Assist in loading dispersant, aircraft/engine washing, equipment maintenance and other general ground support duties
* Help coordinate inventory ordering for OSR base and active OSR missions
* Assist in maintaining the facility per Dynamic and MSRC requirements.
* Assist other business segments with non-OSR staffing functions as assigned
* Other duties as assigned
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
* Flexibility and willingness to fit into a challenging schedule to meet the demands of a 24/7 operation and be able to rotate into other Dynamic Aviation segments.
* FAA A&P license preferred
* Must possess Commercial / Multi / Instrument ratings and a second class medical
* Ability to operate in a two pilot crew
* Flight hour requirements:
* Captains: 1200 total time, 200 multi-turbine, 50 instrument, 100-PIC King Air 90
* First Officers: 500 total time, 50 multi-turbine, 20 instrument
* Reside within 30 miles of the airport and be able to be at the airport within one hour of a call-out
* A Personnel Security and Background Check. The Client excludes from consideration individuals convicted of certain criminal offenses, including, but not limited to, DUI convictions.
It is the policy of Dynamic Aviation to prohibit and eliminate discrimination on grounds of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law. It is also Dynamic Aviation's policy to provide equal employment for all and comply with any affirmative action obligations pursuant to the Federal Executive Orders, 11246 and 11375, as amended.