about 1 month ago
Ogden, UT, US
Job ID: 22709
Req ID: PCC-US.224317
Job Type: Full-time
Date Posted: :48:07
Job Title: Quality Engineer
Reports To: Quality Assurance Manager
Primary Function: Responsible to assure that the product for assigned parts/customers meets all contractual requirements with minimum incurred quality costs.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
• Control and interpretation of customer requirements and issuance of necessary instruction for conformance to these requirements. Attain waivers to requirements when they are not in the best interest of the customer of PCC.
• Assure that functional, economical part quality plans and manufacturing instructions are developed and communicated to the affected functions or departments within PCC and its suppliers.
• Assure that product inspection instructions are developed and issued and properly implemented. Assure that the product meets the customer/PCC requirements.
• Assure that all nonconformances relating to quality systems and products are evaluated, dispositioned, and that positive corrective action is taken. Further, that nonconformances are communicated to the customer when appropriate.
• Assure that appropriate communications occur between PCC and its customers and suppliers on all quality related matters.
• Provide technical guidance, communicate effectively and work in close liaison with Sales, Engineering, and Manufacturing on all group projects, and with Purchasing in connection with purchased materials and services.
• Perform quality related experiments/statistical studies and coordinate problem-solving, quality improvement activities.
• Audit systems and procedures as a member of the QA audit team.
• Develop solutions to complex problems that require the regular use of ingenuity and creativity. Problems typically require considerable technical insight and must be approached through a series of complete and conceptually related studies, are difficult to define, require unconventional or innovative approaches, and sophisticated research techniques.
• Perform work that involves conventional engineering practice, but may include a variety of complex features such as conflicting design requirements, unsuitability of standard procedures, and difficult coordination requirements. Work requires knowledge of principles and practices of related specialties. Problems may be characterized by their lack of engineering precedents.
• Independently perform cost assignments with instructions as to the general results expected. Receive supervisory approval on proposed plans for project.
• Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Job Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience.
• Understand and the elements of corrective and preventive actions.
• Understand and various quality audit types and their components, tools, and techniques
• quality concepts, tools and quality processes (six sigma, cost of quality , etc)
• Able to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Able to concepts of fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical solutions.
• Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Able to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in written, mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
• Able to read and interpret blueprints, including geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T)
• Able to communicate effectively with co-workers and customers.
• Able to read, analyze and interpret common scientific; and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Able to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
• Know which measurement and test equipment (M&TE) tools are appropriate for various tasks
• Assesses tool accuracy and precision.
• Understand the concept of standards traceability for M&TE.
• Understand and basic inspection and testing techniques (sampling plans, etc.)
• Able to work in a production environment.
• Able to use Microsoft Office applications.
• Complies with company and departmental policies and procedures, including company’s attendance policy.
• ASQ Certified Quality Engineer Certification
• Three years experience in investment casting or aerospace metal industry.
• NDT, dimensional, and metallurgical experience.
Normal Working Conditions
• Works under indirect supervision following established practices and clear-cut policies in the performance of the majority of duties. Make decisions when general instructions, established methods and clearly defined precedents indicate action to be taken, but refers unusual problems to superiors.
• Occasional work required near moving mechanical parts, in areas with fumes and/or airborne particles, and areas with loud noise.
• Frequent sitting required.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and revel of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.