7 months ago
Magellan Aerospace, Middletown has an exciting opportunity for a NDT Technician. This is a full-time non-exempt role where the successful candidate will be expected to conduct radiographic and ultrasonic on metal parts to determine if parts meet non-destructive specifications by performing the following duties.
* Following work instructions
* Set up and standardize equipment, process parts, interpret and evaluate for acceptance or rejection, and document result.
* Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the technique/method.
* Conduct system performance checks in accordance with the applicable process standard.
* Providing the necessary guidance and/or supervision to trainees and Level 1 personnel.
* Be familiar with the codes, standards, and other contractual documents that control the method as used by MAM.
* When specified, develop work instructions from approved general procedures. Such work instructions shall require final approval by a Level 3 certified in the method
* Have a basic knowledge of relevant product manufacturing and inspection technology.
As outlined in HRI 18.030.10 (K) Section 5.1.3, candidate’s qualifications shall consist of documented hours for classroom training, on the job training, and work experience that meet the minimum standards required for Level II.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience
* Level I - 40 Hrs. Level I - 2 Mos.
* Level II - 40 Hrs. Level II – 12 Mos.
* Level I - 40 Hrs. Level I - 2 Mos.
* Level II - 40 Hrs. Level II - 12 Mos.
Certification must be obtained for the two inspection methods. Exams are based upon the ASNT Guideline Supplement TC-1A for the specific inspection method involved. The examination questions for each of the levels of certification within each inspection method shall progressively be more difficult and representative of the level of knowledge and proficiency required to meet the requirement of the certification level.
Two year Two year certificate from college or technical school; 3-4 years experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Perks and Benefits
* Competitive salary
* Attractive benefits package (100% coverage at contracted facilities with very low premiums)
* Generous 401k Pension Plan
* Positive work-life balance
* Excellent career progression opportunities
* Commitment to professional growth
* Fully paid Tuition Assistance Program
* Company social events including cook outs, holiday party, offsite meetings, service awards, spin the wheel, department outings to sporting events, and more!
* Employee Engagement Committee
* Fully covered Employee Assistance Program
* Employee discounts on tickets to exclusive events and entertainment
Magellan Aerospace is a global, integrated aerospace company that provides complex assemblies and systems solutions to aircraft and engine manufacturers, and defence and space agencies worldwide. The organization officially adopted the name “Magellan Aerospace Corporation” in 1996; deriving it from the intrepid explorer Ferdinand Magellan. His global exploits at the turn of the 15th century established a number of firsts, so the company’s vision has been to carry this same legacy into the future of the aerospace industry.
At Magellan we have over 80 years of collective knowledge and experience in the aerospace industry, and believe one truth: People create value. Employees are our greatest resource in working towards a successful future, and together we build professional relationships that thrive. We know that personal development is fundamental to the success of every individual, and every individual is fundamental to the success of our business, so we invest in our employees and provide excellent career progression opportunities. When you are part of Magellan, you are part of the team!
Magellan Aerospace respects the privacy and confidentiality of personal information provided by candidates and shall not disclose to any external parties unless legislated.
Thank you for considering this exciting opportunity. This document is intended to provide the reader with information and is not a contractual document. Some of the material therefore may be subject to change.