9 months ago
Processes and inspects parts and components to determine the presence of discontinuities using one or more of the following non-destructive testing methods: liquid penetrant, magnetic particle, radiographic, ultrasonic, eddy current. Cross trains in other complementary skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Ensures the functional and acceptable status of the non-destructive test equipment in accordance with the appropriate company process.
* Determines the acceptance of parts and components for surface condition in preparation for the non-destructive test process.
* Performs the specific non-destructive test process as identified in the shop order work instruction.
* Processes the part(s) in accordance with the appropriate company process.
* Inspects and interprets the test results.
* Marks all unacceptable discontinuities for location and dimension.
* Documents the completion and test results of non-destructive test process.
* Ensures parts are cleaned following completion of NDT process and in acceptable condition for further processing.
* Performs equipment and material maintenance checks in accordance with the appropriate company process.
* Maintains records of all maintenance performed on the non-destructive test equipment and materials.
* Liaisons with engineering, inspection and other personnel as required to assist in researching and solving non-destructive test process problems.
* Maintains personal qualifications as stated in the appropriate company process.
* Supervises trainees in the on-the-job trainer non-destructive test training requirements.
* Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
* Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
* Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
* Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
* Carries out other duties as assigned.
* Level II Processor as per NAS410.
* Knowledgeable in and understanding of inherent and non-inherent discontinuities found in materials.
* Knowledgeable in the requirements and methods of handling materials processed.
* Knowledgeable in the Workplace Health & Safety requirements.
* Ability to attain the internal non-destructive test process approval.
* Proficient in technical writing.
* Ability to follow and understand related company instructions and company processes.
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
* Regularly required to sit and stand for prolonged periods.
* Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems.
* Experience in an aerospace environment.
* RB211-535 or Rolls Royce commercial turbofan experience a plus.
* Must be authorized to work in the US.