4 months ago
Non-Destructive (NDT) Technician-BRI00539
At Bombardier Aerospace, our employees work together to evolve mobility worldwide - one good idea at a time. If you have a good idea, we’ll provide the environment where it will thrive and grow into a great product or customer experience. Your ideas are our fuel.
In your role, you will:
Perform non-destructive testing (NDT) and inspection of parts and materials to identify defects or disconformities. Conduct qualification testing for Level I and Level II NDT personnel certifications, interpret codes and approve written NDT procedures per American & Society of Testing and Materials (ASTM) and CFR title 14.
• Perform and interpret radiographs of casting, weldments and other parts for discontinuities per Quality specifications (as applicable by site)
• Maintain radiographic records and reports of inspected parts for documentation, traceability and evaluation of potential future problems in service areas (as applicable by site)
• Perform and interpret ultrasonic inspections of bonded parts, assemblies and or suspect parts to detect internal discontinuities
• Perform and interpret ultrasonic thickness measuring on parts to determine thickness
• Perform and interpret eddy current inspections on parts and assemblies to detect/measure cracks or other surface discontinuities
• Perform and interpret conductivity and hardness measurements on parts requiring special evaluations to determine specific heat treatment or detection of heat damage
• Perform and interpret magnetic particle and penetrant inspections as needed
• Coordinate NDT inspections and results with various departments
• Develop and/or approve NDT procedures for magnetic particle and liquid penetrant inspections
• Develop and administer NDT certification and qualification exams for Level I and Level II certificates covering magnetic particle and liquid penetrant inspections
As our ideal candidate,
• You have knowledge to process parts and perform equipment standardization in accordance with written instructions
• You have knowledge to carry out any necessary preparation of parts before or after inspection in accordance with written instructions
• You have the ability to receive guidance and follow written instructions in techniques/methods
• You have the ability to perform interpretations and evaluations of specific product or product form for acceptance/rejection in accordance with written instructions
Bombardier is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, age, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by Federal, National, or Local Laws.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those under consideration will be contacted. Please continue to monitor our website and apply for additional positions for which you are qualified and may be of interest to you.
Your ideas move people.
Primary Location: US-WV-Bridgeport
Zip Code US 26330
Employee Status: Regular
Job Posting: 19.03.2019, 11:11:01 AM