12 months ago
ZENETEX specializes in management and technology support services for a variety of federal agencies and commercial organizations. We are looking for a Network System Administrator to support NAWCTSD ISEO with the US Navy E-2C/D Hawkeye and C2 Greyhound simulator/training device program at NAVSTA Norfolk, VA. This position will be responsible for maintaining unclassified and classified Microsoft-based LANs and several Linux-based systems. The Network System Administrator will be capable of resolving issues in every aspect involved in maintaining the network to include reporting data availability and server activity, maintaining backups, troubleshooting hardware and software issues, and occasionally building up desktop systems.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Apply instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform IA (Information Assurance) or Cyber Security tasks within the computing environment (CE)
* Provide end user IA support for computer environment systems, peripherals, and applications.
* Support, monitor, test, and troubleshoot hardware and software IA problems pertaining to their CE
* Apply CE specific IA program requirements to identify areas of weakness
* Apply appropriate CE access controls
* Work within guidelines set by Department of Defense Information Assurance manager
* Assist Information Assurance Manager with install patches and run vulnerability assessments on Windows and Linux based platforms using Assured Computing Assessment Solution (ACAS) vulnerability scanner, and Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP) Compliance Checker (SCC) scripts as required
* Implement and maintain backup and recovery strategy
* Coordinate Certification and Accreditation activities with Information Assurance Manager
* Support Security Test & Evaluations or Validation Tests (Part of Certification and Accreditation Process)
Education and Experience Requirements
* Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems and two years of related experience, or an associate’s degree in Information Systems and three years of related experience; eight years of related work experience may be substituted for the education requirement.
* Working knowledge of Windows and Linux based Operating Systems (OS)
* Understanding of LAN/WAN architecture
* Establish and maintain network security
* CompTIA Security +, Network+, or A+ certification
* Knowledge of DoD DIACAP\RMF Process Preferred, Including Plan of Actions and Milestones (POA&M)
* Knowledge Windows Active Directory, Group Policy Management, and Server Administration
* Scripting experience preferred but not required
* This position will require U.S. citizenship and an active DoD Secret clearance.
ZENETEX is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.