3 months ago
Network Security Engineer III
Req #: 220210
Location: Bethesda, MD US
Job Category: Information Technology
Security Clearance: None
Clearance Status: Not Applicable
Team CACI has an exciting and challenging opportunity available for a Network Security Engineer supporting an Intelligence Community customer’s wide-area (WAN), local-area (LAN) and campus-area (CAN) networks across multiple security domains.
Ensure the overall health and strong security posture of complex network architectures. The Network Security Engineer will be actively involved with all phases of security design, implementation, proactive monitoring, troubleshooting and analysis of firewalls, IDSs, VPNs, security controls and policies. Develops system specifications, architecture designs, integration and test plans, and all relevant documentation. Develops security assessment and mitigation strategies. Maintain compliance with DOD Information Assurance requirements as well as ensuring service performance indicators are met or exceeded.
* Work with both corporate and customer leadership to research, analyze, and implement enterprise-wide network security solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives.
* Assists with designs, analyses, tests and implementation of state-of-the-art secure network architectures.
* Conducts risk assessment and provides recommendations for design.
* Conducts encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability analysis of various security technologies, and information technology security research
* Manage WAN, LAN, CAN, and remote network security as well as incident and problem management.
* Oversee security infrastructure sustainment, maintenance, and advanced configuration. (firewalls, web gateways, mail gateways, IDS, intrusion detection systems, and management tools.
* Oversee the reporting, documentation and investigation of all security related incidents; lead the development and implementation of corrective measures.
* Responsible for staffing of network security personnel that will be performing an array of information security tasks for a 24/7 service that revolves around mission requirements.
* Responsible for development and execution of standard operating procedures for security tools.
* Create and maintain System Security Authorization Agreement (SSAA) documentation, creates and maintains Plan of Action and Milestones for each system.
* Evaluate and report on new network Security technologies to enhance capabilities of the network.
* Act as liaison to the contract and customer management, and government Designated Approving Authority (DAA) with regard to all network security status, policies, and procedures.
* Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
* DOD 8570 IAT Level III certification.
* Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance
* Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents and present oral presentations to senior/executive management
* 8+ years related technical experience in Network Security
* 4+ years experience with large-scale enterprise/global networks in a high paced diverse environment
* Understanding and experience with the DoD Architecture Framework and other key DoD network architecture and strategic planning instructions.
* Proven experience with Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 503 instructions; system accreditation and security system documentation.
* Proven application of ISO 27000 information security management principles.
* Expert knowledge of CISCO firewall/VPN equipment (Adaptive Security Appliance, etc)
* Expert knowledge of IP services (IPv4, VPN, IPv6, Multicast, QOS, SNMP, VOIP, VTC, etc)
* Experience in providing status reports and products to senior management and customers
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.