7 months ago
ARE YOU A TRAVELER?
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A
Opportunity to develop and manage SAS’ route offering as Network Manager
Scandinavian Airlines (SAS) is Scandinavia’s largest airline with over 28 million passengers annually and 270 scheduled routes to 130 destinations worldwide. The Network department at SAS is responsible for developing and execute the strategy for which markets to serve and how to serve these markets. This includes defining fleet size as well as schedule and capacity to attract the market, generate profits and retain the airline’s leading position in the highly competitive Scandinavian market.
We are now recruiting a Network Manager with responsibility for a specific short haul market and route portfolio.
As Network Manager, you will be responsible for managing the P&L for a portfolio of short haul routes. This entails deciding the capacity offered on each route subject to the dynamics of market supply and demand while observing SAS’ overall company strategy and objectives. The position is located at SAS’ head offices at Frösundavik in Stockholm and reports to Head of Network Scandinavia.
• Manage a portfolio of routes in terms of capacity and schedule offering
• Monitor and analyze market demand, supply and competition in own route portfolio
• Identify business opportunities, on revenue or cost side, and drive tactical and strategic changes to the route network
• Analyze route profitability and adapt capacity and schedules to maximize profit and market position
• Support other commercial functions in SAS such as Sales and Revenue Management in decisions regarding market and route approach
Qualifications and competence
• University degree in business administration, economics or equivalent
• Solid experience in business analysis as well as management and development of a product portfolio
• Demonstrated ability to interpret complex data and present findings in a clear and conclusive manner
• Demonstrated ability to formulate and communicate strategies to internal stakeholders
• Experience from airlines or transport industry will be a merit
• Proficient in use of Microsoft Office, including advanced Excel skills
• Fluency in English and preferably one of the Scandinavian languages
We welcome candidates with the following profile:
• Strong business acumen
• Strives for result improvement
• Keen interest in the airline business and how to drive customer value
• Able to build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
• Positive attitude
• High degree of integrity and reliability
Please apply by submitting your CV and cover letter by November 20, 2018. Your cover letter should include a clear motivation for why you are the right person for the job and what you can bring to SAS. We will be reviewing applications on a rolling basis.
If you have questions about the position, please do not hesitate to contact Eirik Wæraas, Head of Network Scandinavia ().
- Come fly with us!