2 months ago
Network Engineering Manager
Position at Gogo Business Aviation
As a Network Engineering Manager at Gogo, you will share responsibility for the design, implementation and operation of Gogo’s global IP network. You will lead a team of Business Aviation (BA) network engineers with diverse technical aptitude providing a highly available network infrastructure for Gogo’s products and services. Our Network Engineering Manager will ensure our methods and standards are met and comply with our service level agreements.
COME ON BOARD THE GOGO BUSINESS AVIATION NETWORK ENGINEERING TEAM!
How will you make a difference?
* Responsible for ensuring the Business Aviation products and services are operating optimally on the Gogo network
* Shared responsibility for the 24 x 7 x 365 availability of Gogo’s global IP network
* Establish key performance indicators (KPIs) and maintain service level agreements (SLAs) to continually improve network performance and availability
* Liaison across departmental leads, helping define requirements for new and existing products and services
* Drive operational excellence in everything we do; includes creating processes, automation for improved efficiency and enhancing existing solutions where applicable
* Facilitate change management while adhering to our client SLAs
* Deliver projects on time and within budget, manage and distribute resources accordingly
* Manage staff of 7+ globally diverse network engineers
* Provide detailed network analytics and reporting while working to consolidate monitoring systems where applicable
* Serve as main point of contact for network escalations
* Communicate complex network solutions to an executive staff
* Mentor and inspire team members
* Participate in annual budget process and long-term network evolution
* B.S. in Computer Science or related field highly desired
* 7-10 years’ experience working in complex, highly collaborative networks
* 3-5 years proven success leading a team of network engineers
* Ability to travel 25% of the time (position can be in Broomfield, CO or Chicago, IL. Candidate must be able to spend 1 week out of each month in other location)
Required Skills, Experiences and Talents:
* Experience managing multi-vendor global IP networks
* Experience with CALEA and other government regulations and compliance (PCI/SOX)
* Knowledge of cloud services and providers
* Solid understanding of network protocols, technologies and products related to VoIP, security, routing and switching
* Passion for leading and mentoring a small team
* Excellent oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work with minimal supervision across many projects simultaneously
* Ability to think outside the box, always looking for ways to improve and enhance our technologies and solutions
Gogo is the inflight internet company. Our worldwide inflight Wi-Fi services have made internet and video entertainment a regular part of flying. We are a diverse and mission-minded group of professionals all working together in extraordinary harmony. And that’s just the beginning. We connect the aviation industry and air travelers with innovative technology and applications, and we do it all in a high-energy environment that welcomes the next challenge. Be prepared to join a performance-obsessed team that is passionate about bringing the internet to every device, every flight, everywhere.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Vets/Disabled
Gogo participates in E-Verify. Details in English and Spanish. Right to Work Statement in English and Spanish.
← Back to Current Openings