4 months ago
Network Engineer / Moorestown, NJ
Job ID: 438829BR Date posted: Sep. 27, City: Moorestown State: New Jersey
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
Responsible for daily operations, maintenance troubleshooting and growth of specific portions of the network including dependent networks, remote connections as well as interfacing with end-users and system administrators to determine requirements and engineer appropriate solutions.
Support classified network infrastructure upgrade projects, including planned upgrades to infrastructure switching systems, expansion and reconfiguration projects.
Plan and design networks including; copper and fiber cabling, equipment racks, specify install and configure required network equipment.
Coordinate and support large personnel moves.
Domestic and international travel on an as required basis to support remote program labs.
• Must have a DoD Secret Security Clearance.
• Hands-on experience implementing configurations using CLI on Cisco switches & routers
• Must possess or have the ability to obtain a cybersecurity certification such as Security+ or CISSP.
• 1 -5 years of experience including increasing responsibility for network implementation projects in large production environments.
• Experience in planning technology refresh activities of network computing infrastructure.
• Gather customer requirements, create design packages, submit for peer review, obtain approvals, schedule outages, and deploy the customer environment (SDLC process).
• Ability to troubleshoot problems to meet service restoration, network availability and reliability objectives.
• The ability and willingness to thoroughly document systems, configurations and procedures.
• Proficiency with MS Office applications to maintain project schedules, network diagrams, and requirements.
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
• Willingness to share knowledge and mentor team members.
• COMSEC and CRYPTO Clearance.
• Experience with Cisco routing devices such as 4000, 3900 and 2900 Series platforms.
• Experience with Palo Alto and Check Point firewalls.
• Experience in the application of STIG settings to network computing infrastructure.
• Familiarity with IP telephony and integration into existing IP network infrastructure.
• System and network experience with Microsoft Windows, UNIX and Linux.
• Familiarity in the design of network physical layer facilities, including specification of copper wiring and fiber optic cabling, physical security, power, and cooling requirements.
• Ability to obtain DoD Top Secret Security Clearance.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Information Technology Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First