5 months ago
Network Engineer (Intermediate)
Req #: 216201
Location: Fort Meade, MD US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Security Clearance: Secret
CACI is looking for an enthusiastic Network Engineer (Intermediate) in the MD area. Join the CACI team to help your team in maintaining and administering computer networks and related computing environments including systems software, applications software, hardware, and configurations.
What You’ll Get to Do:
* Provide technical leadership in the planning, investigation, design, and implementation of physical and logical communications solutions having network-wide impact.
* Provide solutions that incorporate integration of digital encoding formats, line codes, and timing concepts across engineering disciplines and environments.
* Influence team members, the customer, and vendors to define, analyze, and provide solutions for the customer’s voice, data, and image communications requirements.
* Prepare complex workprints and schematics to define and illustrate entire network structures and solutions.
* Identify and recommend new design tools for use in communications projects.
* Evaluate projected corporate network usage and provides and implements media solutions.
* Participate in and influence marketing proposals and studies by providing costing models, reports, and technical solutions for network-wide projects.
* Identify product modifications and influences vendors to incorporate these changes into their products.
More About the Role:
* Plan, design, and implement network management systems to monitor, diagnose, control, and measure performance of multiple communication networks.
* Identifies, analyzes, and recommends new network administrative systems for entire networks to ensure accurate network inventory and timely implementation.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Bachelor's Degree in a related discipline (e.g. Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Network Engineering, Math)
* Five years direct experience in the last eight years, or eight years of general experience of which eight years is directly related experience.
* DoD Approved 8570 Baseline IAT Level I or Level II certification.
* ITIL Foundations certification required. must be current or able to be obtain within 90 days of start date.
What We Can Offer You:
* We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.