7 months ago
Whiteley - Hampshire
Specific Job Description
* Serve as network, voice, and video support engineer for remote small to medium size international offices.
* Implement and support infrastructure at international offices.
* Gather requirements, design, estimate, coordinate with vendors, etc. for assigned projects.
* Develop, promote and implement standard and compliant network solutions.
* Define and implement infrastructure best practices, ensuring compliance to LM policies, corporate standards and procedures.
* Drive standardisation across the business, leveraging existing enterprise investment where appropriate.
* Establish, maintain and improve the infrastructure including data security, disaster recovery and business continuity.
* Process and maintain the External Connection Requests (ECRs) and CyRIS for remote sites.
* Maintain asset tracking records for infrastructure hardware.
The network engineer will coordinate network, data, voice, video solutions for remote small and medium size international offices. This position will provide support to the regionally based support teams and Lockheed Martin Business Areas (BAs) as appropriate. Key elements of this position will be researching, documenting and managing the Core/Common International IT solutions, development and integration of new services, coordination of infrastructure implementations, creation and upkeep of key data repositories and coordination of project activities. The ideal candidate will be an experienced contributor capable of working with multiple stakeholder groups in support of International IT services. This role will require international travel as projects demand.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Enterprise Business Services (EBS) consists of LMUK IT Services, Payroll, ESH, HR and Finance functions. With employees located throughout the UK, EBS provides UK wide support to the LMUK business areas.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Knowledge of IT infrastructure technologies (networking, telecommunications, video, storage, etc.)
* Strong understanding of TCP/IP protocols.
* Network troubleshooting skills, predominantly switching devices.
* Ability to develop technical solutions to complex problems.
* Ability to create and document IT processes; plan and reviews solution designs for compliance with company standards, policies, and business requirements.
* Project management: Demonstrated ability to lead, coordinate, plan, organise, control integration and completion of projects.
* Proven self-starter with the ability to quickly and efficiently start new projects.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate (both verbal and written) with all levels of management.
* Demonstrated ability to work in a fast paced, dynamic, and ambiguous environment.
* Experience with enterprise wired and Wi-Fi networks.
* Appropriate degree from an accredited university or equivalent professional experience/combined education and specialised training commensurate with assignment.
* Ability and willingness to travel to remote international locations as required.
* Enthusiastic self-starter with the ability to prioritise own tasking
* Full & Valid driving license
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* CCNA or equivalent industry experience
* Experience working with network security devices such as Firewalls (experience of Juniper FWs extremely advantageous)
* Experience with digital telephony systems (Cisco VoIP)
* Experience advising on facility requirements for new offices, power etc.
* Strong documentation skills
* Knowledge of the LM International IT Environment and networks standards would be desirable.
* Experience with desktop and server support is desirable.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.