4 months ago
Ampthill - Bedfordshire
Specific Job Description
The role is for an enthusiastic, motivated and professional mid-career System Engineer who is interested in involvement in the development of any and all aspects of complex systems across the whole systems engineering lifecycle.
Key areas of work will include requirements analysis, system design, supplier technical liaison, preparation and presentation of supplier acceptance evidence, integration and test of system components, fault analysis, change proposal generation and assistance in the development of qualification tests and evidence.
Initial and future roles could be within any business unit on site and any product be it an Armoured Fighting Vehicle, a Battlefield Management System, a Research and Development project or a space mission system to name some possibilities.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin (UK) Ampthill is a rapidly changing, dynamic part of the Lockheed Martin Corporation with both domestic and international customers. It consists of three business areas focusing on Vehicles, Special Projects and Mission Support, which provide a variety of products and services to the MoD and other customers including the Warrior CSP, Scout and support to the Land Environment Air Picture Provision capability.
We are looking for talented individuals to join the company, in return, we can offer an exciting and challenging career path.
Please note that Lockheed Martin Ampthill work a 9 day fortnight with the site closed every second Friday.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
A broad General / Systems engineer with practical knowledge and experience of designing, configuring and maintaining Ethernet Network Systems, as categorised by the following essential skills:
* Demonstrable understanding of Ethernet network level performance in sensitive load balancing and security partitioned applications.
* Knowledge and Experience of Small High Performance LANs consisting of the following:
* Layer 2 IEEE 802.3 Managed Switches
* 100/1000BASE-T / 10GBASE-SR/LR
* ARP: RFC 826
* Inverse ARP: RFC 2390
* ICMP: RFC 792, 950, 4884, 6633 & 6918
* Spanning Tree: IEEE 802.1D, 802.1Q
* IGMPv2: RFC 2236
* VLAN: IEEE 802.1Q
* Class of Service: IEE 802.1Q
* DiffServ: RFC 2474
* Link Aggregation: IEEE 802.3AD / IEEE 802.1AX
* SNMP v2c: IETF RFC 1901 to 1908
* Network Traffic Filtering
* Experience of CISCO and Non-CISCO managed switches.
* Knowledge and Experience of Firewall performance, configuration and limitations. Ideally including:
* Traffic diagnostic analysis tools such as WireShark, iPerf, PackETH, Nmap and Ostinato.
* Ideal: Real-time video distribution using RTP/SAP, with Def Stan 00-82 a bonus
* Ideal: Data Distribution Service (DDS)
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.