about 1 month ago
Network / Communications Engineer III (Senior)
Aurora, CO US
Team CACI has an exciting and challenging opportunity available for a Network Engineer supporting an Intelligence Community customer’s wide-area (WAN), local-area (LAN) and campus-area (CAN) networks across multiple security domains.
What You’ll Get to Do:
You will have experience in complex telecommunications applications involving all phases of telecommunications network design, implementation, and analysis. You will perform research, requirements analysis, design, installation, troubleshooting, and support of local- and wide-area network hardware, software and applications.The candidate can install and configure WAN and LAN hardware to include voice, video, and data cable systems. You will develop system specifications, architecture designs, integration and test plans, and all relevant documentation. You will develop risk management and mitigation strategy. The candidate will maintain compliance with QA standards as well as ensuring service performance indicators are met or exceeded.
More About the Role:
* Focus will be on Network Engineering
* Coordination of system maintenance, monitoring and installation of multiple WAN/LAN environments encompassing multiple specializations, platforms and technologies.
* Assist with research and implementation of enterprise system-wide network solutions/capabilities/enhancements to support customer business/mission goals and objectives.
* Troubleshoot and resolve network media and components.
* Evaluate and monitor health and performance of the network including hardware and management software.
* Develop and maintain a road map for capabilities, operations, and technologies.
* Assist with development and execution of test plans and supporting documentation of all network configuration upgrades, additions or revisions for customer approval before implementation.
* Support network traffic analysis and bandwidth optimization efforts to ensure attainment of performance and availability objectives.
* Evaluate and report on new/emerging network/communication technologies to enhance capacity, performance and reliability of the network.
* Evaluate and recommend changes and/or technology upgrades to address performance, standardization and industry best practices
* Follows all Customer network security processes and procedures, ensures compliance with all Government policies.
* Represent customer requirements in technical exchanges with other government agencies.
* Perform site surveys to new installations and technology refresh.
* Installs, maintains and troubleshoots satellite communications equipment.
* Develop and maintain network architecture diagrams.
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
* Prefer Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
* Ability to work independently with little direction and guidance
* Security Clearance: active TS/SCI
* Ability to work weekends and evening hours as needed
* Excellent writing and communication skills, including the ability to develop analytical documents and present oral presentations to senior/executive management
* Proficient is MS Office suite – Visio, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project
* Travel up to 15% of the time.
* May need to deploy in support of U.S. contingency operations, up to 180 days.
* 8+ years related technical experience in Network and Transport technologies, tools, and techniques
* 4+ years experience with large-scale enterprise/global networks in a high paced diverse environment
* Understanding and experience with the DoD Architecture Framework and other key DoD network architecture and strategic planning instructions
* Experience with CISCO and Juniper, switches, routers, Cryptographic devises, VPN and VPN client.
* Experience with Network analysis tools (CISCO Network Analysis Modules, Solar Winds Network Management, OPNET NetOne, HP Network Node Manager, etc.)
* Experience with CISCO firewall/VPN equipment (Adaptive Security Appliance, etc)
* Experience with supporting IP services to connect to NIPRNET, SIPRNET and JWICS (IPv4, VPN, IPv6, Multicast, QOS, SDN, SNMP, VOIP, VTC, etc)
* Experience with EIGRP, OSPF, BGP and multicast.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field
* CompTIA Security +
* CISCO CCNP, CCVP, CCNA or CCDP
* ITIL v3 Foundations
* ISC2 CISSP
What We Can Offer You:
* We’ve been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation’s highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI’s unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.