4 months ago
While this position may perform functions in multiple NDT methods, the primary focus of this role will be X-ray (both film and CR).
Responsible for performing quality inspections using the various NDT methods as applicable (X-Ray [Film and CR], Penetrant and Magnetic Particle testing). Responsibilities include processing, inspecting, and evaluating surface and subsurface discontinuities and accepting, rejecting, or reworking hardware in accordance with customer specifications.
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Certifies product that is in conformance with customer specifications and maintains traceability to such certification as is applicable.
May create NDT techniques and work instructions
Performs penetrant, X-ray, and magnetic particle inspections and interprets results.
Performs preventative maintenance and calibrations on NDT equipment.
Operates vapor degreaser and performs the necessary process checks.
Properly processes, sorts, and verifies X-ray film.
Performs etch, passivation and electropolish as needed.
Grinds, finishes, and sandblast parts as needed.
Communicates closely with engineers on scrap, rework and process issues.
· Maintains lot integrity.
· Ensures paperwork is properly done.
· Helps other areas as needed.
· May be required to take hazardous waste training.
Minimum Job Requirements:
· Able to work in a production environment.
· Able to read and comprehend English.
· Able to read and interpret blueprints and specifications.
· Able to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence and memos. Able to write
simple correspondence. (Techniques.)
· Able to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where
only limited standardization exists. Able to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written,
oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Able to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common
fractions, and decimals.
· Able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. occasionally.
· Able to lift and carry up to 35 lbs. continuously.
· Near vision requirement is Jaeger J1 for both eyes, at no less than 12 inches; or equivalent. Color
perception is required each year; Standard used: Ishihara-Applicant shall differentiate and
distinguish contrast in 20 if 24 test plates (Minimum). Corrected or uncorrected.
· Able to use Microsoft Office applications.
· Able to pass GSC NDT certifications required by in-house Plant Level III.
· Able to communicate effectively with co-workers.
· Complies with company and departmental policies and procedures, including company’s attendance
· Able to meet individual productivity requirements.
· Able to meet internal quality requirements.
· High School Diploma or G.E.D.
Normal Working Conditions
· Works under indirect supervision following established practices and clear-cut policies in the
performance of the majority of duties. Makes decisions when general instructions, established
methods and clearly defined precedents indicate what action to be taken, but refers unusual problems
· Occasional worked required with toxic or caustic chemicals.
· Environmental conditions encountered frequently are working near or with hazardous waste.
· Continuous work in areas with wet or humid conditions-non weather, fumes or airborne
particles, and risk of radiation required.
· Occasional walking, reaching above shoulder level, and talking required.
· Frequent stooping or squatting, hearing, pushing or pulling required.
· Continuous standing, using hands to handle or feel, and reaching below shoulder level required.
· Typical noise required for the work environment of this job is Loud Noise. (Appropriate ear
protection is required.)
PCC Structurals is committed to a diverse workforce. As Equal Opportunity Employer, VEVRAA Federal Contractor, affirmative action employer we provide equal opportunity to all persons, regardless of race, religion, age, gender, disability, status as a protected veteran, national origin, color, or any other classification in accordance with federal, state, and local statutes, regulations and ordinances "Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran Status/VEVRAA Federal Contractor". Veterans are encouraged to self-identify as PCC Structurals desires to provide protected veterans priority referrals for open positions. PCC Structurals complies with all laws and regulations associated with the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA).
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills.