6 months ago
Department Marketing Statement
Parker Aerospace is a global leader in the research, design, integration, manufacture, certification, and lifetime service of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, lubrication, and pneumatic systems and components for aerospace and other high-technology markets. The company supports the world’s aircraft manufacturers, providing a century of experience and innovation for commercial and military aircraft.
With limited guidance in a team environment, responsible for performing nondestructive testing (NDT) in a fast-paced production environment, responsible for various inspection requirements to meet customer and location demands.
Responsibilities may include some or all of the following:
• Perform daily, weekly and monthly equipment and system checks.
• Perform pre‐inspection and post‐inspection cleaning.
• Set‐up equipment to conduct tests.
• Complete NDT of new and fielded components in accordance with applicable quality instructions, specifications, standards and other contractual documents.
• Interpret, evaluate and document inspection results in accordance with approved procedures.
• Follow all prescribed safety rules and regulations and maintain a FOD free work area.
• Participate in lean/continuous improvement initiatives with the team as well as identifying and providing suggestions for areas of improvement.
• Employee may perform other related duties as required to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
• Three years related NDT experience (MT, PT, RT, UT), related inspection or demonstrated ability to perform described responsibilities.
• NDT experience in MT, PT as Level I or Level II is preferred.
• Preferred certification must be in accordance with NAS‐410, ASTME-1444, SNT-TC-1A, manufacturer's specifications and internal drawings and procedures.
• Ability to use mechanical, hydraulic and electrical instruments/gages.
• Possess working knowledge of machine shop mathematic and basic computer skills.
• Knowledge of applicable military standards may be required.
• Utilization of hand tools may be required.
• May be required to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Pass NDT eye and color deficiency exam.
• Must be willing to work in a dark environment under fluorescent lighting with extended periods of standing.
• Must demonstrate effective verbal, written and interpersonal communications skills.
• Ability to work effectively with others and be a participative team player.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for this positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)