2 months ago
NDT Inspector, Military Programs
Full Time - Direct
Perform various methods of Nondestructive testing on customer A/C and components. Methods include: Penetrant, Magnetic particle, Eddy current, Ultrasonic, and Radiography. Coordinate the activities of all NDT duties, ensuring that all inspections are properly completed in compliance with established policies and procedures and that the corresponding inspection records, reports and forms are properly executed prior to releasing products for return to service.
1. Assure all work is performed completely, correctly, and with the highest degree of quality.
2. Assure all work is properly documented, whether accepted or rejected.
3. Set-up and calibrate equipment, interpret and evaluate results with respect to applicable standards and specifications.
4. Recommend to the Director, Quality Control / Chief Inspector the acquisition and development of new NDT equipment and procedures to improve the Company’s NDT capabilities.
5. Responsible for ensuring that all inspection tools are maintained in accordance with current specification and calibrations as required, assures that the proper records are prepared and maintained.
6. Serve as a contact point in order to resolve NDT disputes pertaining to production and provide related assistance and counsel as needed.
7. Perform NDT audits pertaining to safety and proper maintenance procedures and documentation to ensure compliance.
8. Perform aircraft audits of completed inspections to validate effectiveness of the inspection process.
9. Perform aircraft NDT inspections as required and as time allows.
1. High school diploma or equivalent.
2. A&P Certification
3. Certified to Level II in Eddy Current, Penetrant and Ultrasonic
4. Must be able to pass a Level II trade test for the methods listed above.
5. Must have documentation of initial training and Level II certifications per the SNT-TC-1A Standard.
6. Two (2) to five (5) years of experience as a technician, or inspector in a commercial aircraft environment, or previous demonstrated ability with HAECO. [Up to four (4) years Military Aviation experience may be applied.]
7. Capable of interpreting drawings, blueprints, service bulletins, ads and any other related documents as required.
8. Must be able to read, write and understand the English language.
9. Must be able to work in high places and confined spaces.
Certified to Level II in the five (5) methods listed above