5 months ago
The FCC apprentice is an FCC licensed individual who will complete and record on-the-job training to obtain an FAA Repairman license once the necessary criteria are met but not exceeding 20 months.
* Inspect, test troubleshoot and repair aircraft communication, navigation, auto pilot, flight control, voice recorder, flight data recorder, TCAS systems, instrumentation and electrical/electronic accessories and systems.
* Make critical decisions regarding aircraft safety in a timely manner.
* Complete all documentation/paper work in a neat and proficient manner according to Company policies and procedures, as well as per FAR 65.81 and 65.83.
* Perform any other task as assigned by the Lead or Supervisor of Maintenance.
* High School Graduate or GED.
* Must hold a valid FCC or AET Certificate
* One or two years related experience, working under the direct supervision of a senior Avionics Technician commercial or military.
* Must hold a valid Driver License.
* Must be willing to work nights, weekends and holidays.
* Must have excellent communication and people skills.
* Must be able to exercise good judgement in a team environment as well as in aircraft maintenance and safety.
* Must have problem solving and organizational skills.
* Must be able to read and understand Company and Manufacturer Manuals.
* Must be able to perform all line maintenance functions as it pertains to the position.
* Must own and provide a minimum set of tools.
* FCC Certificate with prior Repairman Certification.
* Maintenance qualified on the ERJ145 fleet type.
* Diversified background experience and knowledge of an airline maintenance environment.
* Associate Degree in Electronics or equivalent technical courses in Avionics/Electronic and /or Military experience
* Must be able to ascend/descend ladders, stairs and workstands unassisted.
* Must be able to bend, kneel, crawl and stoop frequently in confined spaces.
* Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds unassisted.
* Must be willing to work in an environment that is subject to changing climate conditions and moderate noise levels.