2 months ago
Combination of Education and Experience will be considered. Must be authorized to work in the US as defined by the Immigration Act of 1986. Must pass a Criminal Background Check.
Education: High School Diploma/GED
Education Other: Associates Degree in Aviation Maintenance Management or work experience equivalency.
Certification Other: Airframe & Power Plant (A&P) Certification.
Years of Experience: Minimum five (5) years or aircraft maintenance/technical operations industry experience, previous line leadership experience required.
Minimum two (2) years of maintenance control experience in at least one of the following, Airbus 319/320 general family systems, avionics, and power plant experience required. No visa sponsorship is available for this position
• Ability to stay focused and work under pressure.
• Conflict resolution skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Must possess a valid Passport.
• Must be computer literate.; experience with MS Excel, Word, and Adobe preferred.
• Organizational fit for the Allegiant culture, that is, exhibit and embrace the Allegiant values of Safety, Achievement, Flexibility, Innovation, Biased for Action, Teamwork, Transparency & Accountability and Outcome Based.
• ETOPS Operations.
• Must be able to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, high stressed control center environment and have the ability to effectively make quick but solid decisions.
• Must possess a valid passport and if assigned make at least one maintenance station visit per year, which may require riding in the flight deck jump seat to interact with the flight crew.
• Responsible to ensure that mechanical delays that may occur are handled in a safe and expeditious manner in accordance with Allegiant Air’s General Maintenance Manual (GMM).
• Maintenance Controller will coordinate with Operations Control Center, and Maintenance as required, to expedite aircraft return to service.
• Control and tracking of all Deferred Maintenance Items, follows up with stations as applicable.
• Responsible for authorizing maintenance discrepancies to be placed on deferral and for clearly communicating DMI status (open or closed) to Dispatch in a timely manner.
• Assure all deferrals are accomplished in accordance with company manuals and Federal Aviation regulations.
• Responsible for completing and distributing all applicable forms and documents in accordance with procedures set forth in company General Maintenance Manual.
• Prioritizes work that requires immediate action and be able to separate and parse out work which can wait until operational demand is reduced.
• Provide tracking of parts and equipment while they are in transit to an A.O.G. aircraft.
• Requests parts necessary to return an aircraft to service while at a non-Allegiant staffed base.
• Coordinates scheduled and unscheduled maintenance performed on Allegiant aircraft except at Substantial Maintenance vendors.
• Assists the Administrative staff in monitoring mechanic duty time when working away from an Allegiant base.
• Communicates maintenance requirements to out station maintenance providers and manages the maintenance being performed until the aircraft is back in service.
• Interacts with live flights via ARINC to assure compliance with the QRH and assures informed decisions are being coordinated with the flight crew and OCC Manager.
• Updates the AOS (Aircraft Out of service) board for all aircraft away from an Allegiant staffed base.
• Monitors and controls the Restricted Aircraft section of the AOS board.
• Interacts with Engineering and Contract Engineering companies as required to develop Return to Service work scopes.
• Interacts with Technical Services to assist in troubleshooting of chronic system issues.
• Administrates the EGT Excursion Policy Program.
• Continually reviews the MEL for all fleet types and makes recommendations for process improvement.
• Other duties as assigned by the Manager of Maintenance Control, and/or Maintenance Control Supervisor.
The Physical Demands and Work Environment described here are a representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of the role. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the role.
Mechanic - While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to stand, sit, talk, hear, see, reach, stoop, kneel, climb, and use hands and fingers to operate various tools (i.e. drills, ladders, welding, chemicals, etc.). May be required to lift, push, pull, or carry up to 300 lbs. May be required to work various shifts/days in a 24 hour situation. Regular attendance is a requirement of the role. Exposure to extreme noise (i.e. airport with planes, vehicles, and other machinery), temperature, wind, and light fluctuations. Ability to work in a confined area as well as the ability to sit at a computer terminal for an extended period of time. Ability to wear personal protective gear. Some travel may be a requirement of the role.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Disability/Veteran
For more information see Allegiant.com/careers
Licenses & Certifications