about 1 year ago
The AOG (Aircraft on Ground) Lead Technician is responsible for the safe and efficient daily maintenance of aircraft and assurance that all activities are in compliance with rules, regulations and policies as issued by management of the Company, airport authority, Federal Aviation Administration and other pertinent authorities. The primary function of this role is to support the off-site/away from base AOG aircraft in need of service.
* Perform maintenance on customer aircraft or articles.
* Communicate work progress and significant issues with the AOG General Manager or other appropriate local management.
* Must adhere to all safety standards established by the Company and regulatory agencies.
* Interact with customers, vendors and Atlantic employees in a professional and courteous manner.
* Ensure all work is conducted in accordance with Company policies and procedures.
* Application of the principles of the “Atlantic Attitude” at all times.
Essential duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
* Maintain practices and procedures contributing to a safe, profitable, positive and fun work environment.
* Supervise, coordinate and direct activities of Technicians on assignments.
* Review daily progress of work in debrief with AOG General Manager for schedule changes.
* Ensure all aircraft maintenance requests are served in a timely and efficient manner.
* Retain labor approvals as necessary including overtime and warranty authorizations, prior to work.
* Accountable for labor entries within operating/billing system in tandem with payroll system.
* Return all required documentation to the maintenance administrators for invoicing in a timely manner.
* Perform maintenance, preventative maintenance and alterations on customer equipment as required.
* Immediately inform their supervisor of any discrepancies of un-airworthy conditions found during performance of work assigned.
* Interpret technical manuals, figures and drawings as needed.
* Perform additional duties as assigned such as taxi and run-up procedures.
* Ensure all maintenance performed is in accordance with the Repair Station Manual.
* Perform equipment repair, as needed, on portable powered equipment, power carts, generators, tugs and other aircraft ground support equipment.
* Maintain the physical appearance and assure the functional operation of all facilities and ground service equipment utilized in the aspects of aircraft maintenance or any other work assigned by the company in conformance with standards of safety, OSHA standards, efficiency and corporate identity.
* Comply with quality assurance, accuracy of documentation and auditing of maintenance activity.
* Time Management: When either at the main Repair Station facility or away from base are able to manage their time appropriately and effectively so all tasks and documentation are completed in a timely and successful fashion.
* Any additional duties specific or unique to your location assigned by management.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
* High school diploma or GED equivalent
* Minimum of 18 years of age
* Must maintain a valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record
* Valid FAA Airframe and Powerplant (A&P) license
* Able and willing to travel on short notice
* Overtime should be expected, will vary from light to extensive based on customer demand
* Strong communication skills, both written and oral
* Flexible work schedule may include working overtime, nights, weekends, holidays and on-call
* 5+ years of industry experience
* FAA Certified Inspection Authorization (IA)
* Prior experience as Lead Technician or Supervisor
* Experience on medium to heavy business jets
* Experience working for or on fractional owned/operated aircraft, i.e. NetJets, Gulfstream, Flexjet, etc.
* Factory maintenance training applicable to base location capabilities including but not limited to Cessna Citation any model, Beechcraft, Hawker, Falcon, Gulfstream and Global is also advantageous
We are proud to be an EEO/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled employer
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance testing
Qualified applications with criminal history will be considered for employment