8 months ago
1.0 SUMMARY OF JOB PURPOSE
Repairs Safran Helicopter Engines family of engines and performs maintenance of engines, subassemblies, and
2.0 ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Works with hand tools, measuring equipment, balancing and grinding machines to assemble
modules and engines.
· Works with hand tools and cleaning chemicals to disassemble modules for inspection
· Works with repair manual and internal documentation to accept or reject individual
components in a module.
3.0 SCOPE AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
· Follows prescribed procedures, making alterations if needed, but must inform supervisor
promptly; recommends expenditures. Divulging of confidential and/or sensitive information
could lead to damage to reputation and/or competitive posture of the company. Errors may
lead to high risk of major damage to the organization resulting in the need to create an
entirely new approach.
4.0 REQUIRED COMPETENCIES – Education / Knowledge / Skills and Abilities
· High school diploma or general education degree (GED); and one to six months of related
experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
· Basic Level – Microsoft Office: Outlook, Word, Excel.
· Mechanical/technical/interpersonal skills that can be applied immediately to job duties.
A&P License preferred
5.0 PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by
an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to use
hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is
frequently required to stand. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit
and talk or hear.
· The employee must regularly lift and /or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally
lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
· While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to
fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the
work environment is usually quiet.
Safran is an international high-technology group, operating in the aircraft propulsion and equipment, space and defense markets. Safran has a global presence, with more than 58,000 employees and sales of 16.5 billion euros in 2017. Working alone or in partnership, Safran holds world or European leadership positions in its core markets. Safran is listed on the Euronext Paris stock exchange, and is part of the CAC 40 and Euro Stoxx 50 indices.
In February 2018, Safran took control of Zodiac Aerospace, significantly expanding its aircraft equipment activities. Zodiac Aerospace has 32,500 employees and generated sales of 5.1 billion euros for its fiscal year ended August 31, 2017.
Safran is ranked among the Top 100 Global Innovators by Thomson Reuters and is featured on the "Happy at work" rankings. The Group places fourth on the Universum ranking for the favorite companies of newly-qualified engineers in France.
Safran Helicopter Engines is the world's leading helicopter engine manufacturer, with over 72,000 engines produced since the company was founded. Offering the widest range of turbine engines, the company boasts 2,500 customers in 155 countries.