Zenon are pleased to be supporting the world’s largest aviation component service provider, to source an MRO Category Lead on a permanent basis in the South East of the UK.
- Pension Scheme
- BUPA private healthcare scheme
- Company events
- Free parking & car charging available
- Stunning Location - You will be working in the global HQ which is set amongst the rolling hills of the South Downs, an inspirational environment for staff
- Lunch breaks – You can take a walk around the 1km trim trail which circles our fantastic buildings. If games are more your thing, there are plenty of board games available for staff to use, as well as an Xbox and computer break out room. If you forget your lunch you can pick up some food from the regular food and coffee vans that visit the site
- Extras - Free fruit, Cycle to work scheme and more
Main Duties and Responsibilities:-
- Provide reporting on MRO Vendor performance in line with MRO Departmental KPI’s; value, delivery, reliability, compliance, and service
- Ensure service levels with existing MRO Vendor contracts
- Negotiation and implementation of Vendor agreements and GTAs
- Conduct component analysis, effectivity, repair shop capability and vendor sourcing
- Working closely with the key stakeholders in Operational MRO, Asset Purchasing, Sales and Technical teams to develop effective communication and working strategies to ensure a consistent approach to Vendors
- Management of the daily tactical work to ensure timely responses in allocating Repair vendors for Stock requests, aircraft teardown projects, exchanges taken, customer core returns, Repair Management and Sales Support requests
- Work with current and potential vendors, securing best price through vendor negotiations, collaboration, and benchmarking
- Control costs by means of the most effective solutions to maximise savings, including but not limited to vendor discounts and rebate agreements
- Arrange regular vendor interface meetings, both on site at Vendor or at HQ; focussing on poor performing vendors, ensuring thorough records are kept, and ensuring solutions to any issues agreed and followed up on
- Responsible for the monthly reporting of allocated category of spend.
- Provide vendor sourcing and pricing in support of new business and bid support.
- Maintain & record procurement information utilising company data base to include Vendor and Strategic partner bid feedback
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and able to develop good relationships with people at all levels.
- Able to multi-task and process good time management skills
- Able to work in line with deadlines
- Support MRO leadership with vendor ratings and assist with Compliance & business objectives
- Understand and adhere to Export Control regulations where relevant
- Demonstrate a flexible attitude towards all types of work and a positive 'can do' attitude
- Provide support to the MRO Vendor Team Leader and Technical Manager as needed
- Any other duties as required
Minimum skills & experience –
- A background in Supply Chain at Tactical or Strategic levels preferred
- Experience in the Aviation industry/environment/role is preferred
- Problem solving ability and experience in the use of Root Cause & Corrective actions
- Excellent computer literacy with strong knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and outlook
- Experience with Quantum and web based aircraft parts databases preferred
- Numerate, accurate with the ability to meet deadlines
- Analytical thinking and reporting skills
- Self-motivated and flexible with the ability to succeed in a busy environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills at all levels
- Strong organisation and administration skills, Ability to prioritise and manage workloads
- Ability to travel when required
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever-changing and dynamic marketplace, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with your application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to your please forward your CV to *************@zenon.aero in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Consultant, Hannah Fawdry, please phone +44 1483 332 000.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the UK will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.