4 months ago
Job ID#: 24600BR
Company: General Atomics Systems Integration
Job Title: MQ-9 Pilot Instructor Non Deployed
Job Category: Pilots
City: Grand Forks
State: North Dakota
Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hourly
General Atomics Systems Integration, LLC (GA-SI), an affiliate of General Atomics, is a provider of military and commercial engineering services. GA-SI is a leading-edge expert in systems integration technologies, reliability improvements, and controls system design.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Without appreciable direction, this position exercises considerable latitude in overseeing RPA ground and flight operations efforts including mission planning, execution and briefing, debriefing, aircrew resource management and ground and flight safety.
* Instructs UAV student pilots in ground and flight operations.
* Develop and verify procedures for use with new aircraft features and participates in the development of operational and safety procedures and training syllabus coursework.
* Determines compliance with specification and operational suitability during engineering tests and flight test/demonstration support through specifically prescribed tests and maneuvers.
* Defines, plans, organizes and executes flight plans and schedules.
* Ensures compliance with service guidance, company policy and procedures and Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) regulations.
* Conducts demonstrations and participates in operational and experimental ground and flight tests of assigned UAV(s). Represents the organization with senior military and commercial customers.
* Performs as Pilot-in-Command of Company Unmanned Air Vehicles.
* Utilizes various manuals such as the Airplane Flight Manuals, Flight Crew Operating Manual, and other documents and reports to ascertain factors such as aircraft weight and balance, fuel supply, route, schedule, and mechanical reliability.
* Performs other duties as assigned or required.
We recognize and appreciate the value and contributions of individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences and welcome all qualified individuals to apply
* Typically requires education al training equivalent to the completion of a four-year technical degree or trade school equivalency and five or more years experience in UAV operation or aviation. Equivalent professional or military experience in UAV or aviation may be substituted in lieu of education.
* Must demonstrate extensive understanding of UAV and FAA principles, theories and concepts.
* Candidates must submit to and receive a favorably adjudicated background investigation by the DHS.
* FAA Commercial Pilot Certificate with a current instrument rating and the ability to maintain instrument currency or DOD specialized remotely piloted aircraft system training / qualification documented on USAF Form 8 or equivalent.
* Pilot-in-Command (PIC) with UAV instructor or multiple UAV aircraft qualification.
* Must possess:
* 500 hours as Pilot-in-Command (PIC) with UAV instructor or multiple UAV aircraft qualification (2) one thousand (1000)UAV hours
* Ability to obtain an FAA Class II medical certificate.
* Excellent analytical, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills to accurately interface with all levels of employees, including senior management and senior military and civilian customers, contractors and aircrew.
* Detailed knowledge of computer operations and applications.
* Certified Flight Instructor and Instrument rating (CFII) required.
* The ability to work both independently and lead in a team environment is essential as is the ability to work extended hours and travel as required.
Logged flight time must include the following minimums:
* 400 manned aircraft flight hours
* 250 hours of Predator flight time, with at least 75 hours of Predator B (MQ-9)
* 25 hours of nighttime Predator B (MQ-9)
* 30 MQ-9 Predator B take offs and landings, of which at least 15 were at night;
* for all aircraft, 50 hours of Instrument Flight Rule (IFR) operations and 50 hours Night Time operations
Travel Percentage Required : 0% - 25%
US Citizenship Required? Yes
Clearance Level Secret