4 months ago
Motion Planning Engineer
Job ID: 453726BR Date posted: Sep. 24, City: Stratford State: ConnecticutProgram: Autonomy2018
Description:Define the future of aviation. Stand at the forefront of technology and innovation. Transform your ideas and dreams into reality. Join Lockheed Martin’s Flight Controls and Autonomy team and be part of the greatest transformation in aviation history; unmanned fully autonomous flight.
The Flight Controls and Autonomy team is currently seeking highly motivated technology pioneers with a desire to steer and lead the Autonomy industry. Successful candidates must be willing and able to work on highly complex challenging problems, leading to world-changing technological breakthroughs.
Team’s technical areas of emphasis include Fly-By-Wire Flight Control Systems, Guidance/Navigation & Control (GNC), Flight Test, Autonomy, Aviation Robotics, Perception, AI and Motion Planning.
The Motion Planning Engineer will design and implement algorithms that generate collision free, dynamically feasible paths enabling optionally-piloted rotorcraft flight capable of navigating to specific goal points while avoiding obstacles, evaluating terrain for safe landing zones, building contingency plans, and performing continuous surveillance. The Engineer will also research new algorithms, improve existing implementations and planning execution pipeline, and identify areas of efficiency for faster/higher rates for real-time execution.
Look no further, the future of aviation is here. Join our awesome team today!
B.S. Electrical Engineering or
B.S. Computer Engineering or
B.S. Aerospace Engineering or
B.S. Robotics Engineering or
B.S. Computer Science
5+ Years of Experience
• Experience with sampling-based motion planners (RRT, RRT*, RRT#, RRTX), searched-based lattice-based planners (D*, AD*, LPA*), planning under uncertainty, and/or trajectory optimization.
• Understanding of vehicle dynamics, modeling and control
• Experience programming and working with real world robotic system (C, C++ or Python in Linux environment)
• Experience with real-time constraints
• Experience with software engineering tools and development frameworks (eg: Git, Cmake, Jenkins, gtest, etc)
• Background in object oriented design, prioritizing testability, reusability, and requirement tractability.
• Prior experience in motion planning in robotics
• Experience with MALAB/Simulink/Stateflow and autocoding.
• Experience working on safety-critical systems, test planning and execution
• Proven ability to product computationally efficient software that can meet real-time requirements
• Numerical optimization techniques (e.g., nonlinear constrained optimization) and dynamic programming experiences
• Experience in a regulated, safety critical environment
• Flight test experience
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Electrical Engineering Clearance Level: None Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 9X80A - Standard Fri to Fri (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First